Read 196465 times

• andymc88
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2014, 03:02:15 pm
    • Seoul
    more
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2015, 11:00:20 am »
I got put into level 4. Just on the edge of the cutoff - I'm guessing the reading section pulled me up.

How do you know you were on the edge of the cutoff? Do you know how much the speaking is worth?

How many points do you need to get to level 2, 3, 4 and so on?

Check here:
http://www.socinet.go.kr/soci/contents/PgmCosCopl.jsp?q_global_menu_id=S_SIP_SUB02

Level 0: less then 3 points overall
Level 1: 3 - 20 points overall
Level 2: 21 - 40 points overall
Level 3: 41 - 60 points overall
Level 4: 61 - 80 points overall
Level 5: 81 - 100 points overall

Overall means written test and speaking test scores combined.
I got low 60s score, so I just made it into level 4.

For written test, I did everything and guessed last 10 Qs.
Speaking test, I could see what the examiners wrote (3).
www.andysteachingstrategies.com - look here for refreshing teaching strategies and reflective practice.

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2015, 11:55:17 am »

The social integration program and the language program are one in the same, I do believe.  If you complete it (through level 5), you get 10 extra points on the F-2 application.  Also, completing through level 4 of the program is equivalent to a 4 on the TOPIK, but you only get 16 points for that, you get 10 extra points if you take the level 5 class and finish the whole program.  Level 5 in the program doesn't get you any language points, though.  After level 4, you need a TOPIK score. 

I'm a bit confused by the last sentence. Why do you need a TOPIK score if you get 16 points for completing level 4 and 10 extra points (26 total) for completing the social integration program entirely?

The classes are good for up to level 4, but the TOPIK goes up to level 6, which is worth 20 points on the visa application.  You can get 16 points for level 4, but level 5 and 6 (only achievable via the TOPIK) are 18 and 20 points, respectively.  4 points aren't really that big of a difference, but it could help if you're on the border of the (at least) 80 points you need for the visa.  For example, if you complete the classes (through the the fifth stage) and stop there, you can get a combined 26 points (10 for finishing and 16 for level 4), but if you complete the classes, study more, and achieve level 6 on the TOPIK, you can get a combined 30 points.

So... for F2-7 visa application, finishing level 4 of KIIP is just 16 points (as in same as TOPIK level 4) and if you finish level 5 of KIIP you get an extra 10 points?

I read on the points for F2-7 visa, and it just says "participating in KIIP - 10 points"; so participating doesn't just mean doing one class at say level 1/2/3/.
Instead, in order to get the 10 points you need to finish level 5 of KIIP?

Like this?
There are 5 levels. Completing levels 1-4 will give you 16 points towards and F2-7 residence visa. Level 5 ( Understanding Korean society will give you 10 points.)
Completing the whole course gives you  a total of 26 points

Precisely.  To get the 10 extra points, you must finish through level 5, which is strictly about culture, so they don't count level 5 as a 5 on the TOPIK. 

« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2015, 12:11:45 pm »
Nope. Must be a Mac problem. I'll try it out on my work PC.

Anyone know when the next test is?

Thanks, rhchris.

And yup, I opened the site on Firefox, still no flag and when I go to the place you mentioned rhchris, it gives me a no no msg.

just did it with Firefox

Login --> click Site Map on top right --> click My Page on the right hand side --> the flags will appear

I just did it. Again. On my macbook air

« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2015, 12:14:38 pm »
Nope. Must be a Mac problem. I'll try it out on my work PC.

Anyone know when the next test is?

Thanks, rhchris.

And yup, I opened the site on Firefox, still no flag and when I go to the place you mentioned rhchris, it gives me a no no msg.

just did it with Firefox

Login --> click Site Map on top right --> click My Page on the right hand side --> the flags will appear

I just did it. Again. On my macbook air

One more thing. If you're planning on taking the online class the software they use is NOT compatible with macs. So I take the class on my school PCs. You also need a webcam and mic.

• amr65980
  • Newgookin

• February 04, 2012, 05:09:44 pm
    • Daegu (Gyeongsangbuk-do)
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2015, 12:54:51 pm »
Hey all! For those of you not yet able to register for a course, I found the document that tells when/where/what levels will be available for registration.

On the main page on the left hand side where the announcements are, click on: 2015년 사회통합프로그램 1차 교육등록...

After opening the announcement, you will see a pdf document link at the bottom. It is titled: C_C_C_사회통합프로그램 1차 교육등록(신청) 기간 설정 현황.pdf (388735 Bytes)

(Or you can click on the attachment here at the bottom.)

This document was accessed today, Jan 29, 2015.

I know that I've been frustrated trying to register for my level 2 class and I've been freaking out because my class schedule this semester is incompatible with the times that are offered so far for Daegu. However, there is hope!! Many more classes will be coming available starting 02/02, 02/09, & 2/10 for Daegu. so if you don't see a class that works for you yet, keep checking back next week.  :smiley:

• jchoi911
  • Adventurer

• July 07, 2010, 07:39:27 am
    • Busan
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:25 pm »
Which was 3 days ago. How about the next session? I assuming the next test sign up would begin at least two weeks before the next session? I'd love to sign up for that test.

I tried signing up for this, but I keep getting rejected. Is it because the registration period is over? Anyone know when the next period will begin?

Thanks!

26th of January I believe.

Yeah that's strange. The document said the 26th of Jan until the 20th of March for signing up for the next round of classes. Maybe they are just delayed? There's still plenty of time for the registration, according to the document so maybe just try again in a bit.

I was finally able to sign up for the site..
The websites wants the password to be in alphabets, numbers, and symbols (!@#$%) and at least 10 letters.

I guess I just missed registering for classes, the next scheduled pre-test is on march 28th,2015 (Busan btw)

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »
Wait, so do you have to create a username and login before you can view the test dates? So if I create a login, and I click on the pretest link, it will work?
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »
Wait, so do you have to create a username and login before you can view the test dates? So if I create a login, and I click on the pretest link, it will work?

and you'll be able to see the American flag

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »
Yup, just figured that out. I didn't see anyone mentioning that for the just the pretest viewing... :-[

and you'll be able to see the American flag

• jchoi911
  • Adventurer

• Busan
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2015, 09:01:21 am »

yes, you have to create a username/login

There were no given test dates, just an option box asking you if you want to take the pre-test,
and it automatically schedules you a date, (someone told me there are only 4 pre-tests/ year)

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 09:59:00 am
    • south korea
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2015, 09:58:27 am »

i'm so bitter. i've been checking everyday for new classes and they opened them up on my vacation  >:(

• rowdes
  • Veteran

• June 23, 2010, 02:37:28 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2015, 01:08:00 pm »
Not sure about you guys but everytime I click on the '사회통합프로그램 신청' tab, I keep getting the Korean message that there is no program to sign up to.

Anyone else having this problem?

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2015, 01:24:40 pm »
rowdes, dumb question but did you create a login?

Anyway, I still can't because it won't accept my password choice no matter what I put in there. Has anyone else had this problem?

Not sure about you guys but everytime I click on the '사회통합프로그램 신청' tab, I keep getting the Korean message that there is no program to sign up to.

• jchoi911
  • Adventurer

• Busan
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »
rowdes, dumb question but did you create a login?

Anyway, I still can't because it won't accept my password choice no matter what I put in there. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had this problem before as well
You have to make a password that mixes alphabet, numbers, and symbols (!@#$%) and at least 10 letters long
for example,  abcde123!@#

• rowdes
  • Veteran

• June 23, 2010, 02:37:28 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2015, 01:39:01 pm »
Hi guys, I already have a log in. This message appears after I've logged in and clicked the sign up tab

« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2015, 11:35:34 pm »
For those who have gone through at least one level, what are the midterms and finals like?
Is it fill in the blanks? Essay? Speaking? Multiple choice? What content do they tend to focus on? I'd like to study with a miderm and final in mind.

there is no midterm

A level 2 writing a Korean essay... lol like a monkey on a typewriter

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2015, 11:37:44 pm »

To sign up for classes you log in then 사회통합프로그램 --> 과정신청

« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2015, 10:40:58 pm »
For those who have gone through at least one level, what are the midterms and finals like?
Is it fill in the blanks? Essay? Speaking? Multiple choice? What content do they tend to focus on? I'd like to study with a miderm and final in mind.

there is no midterm

A level 2 writing a Korean essay... lol like a monkey on a typewriter

I'm in level 2 and the teacher said there is a midterm and a final. I'd like to know the specifics of the midterm and final from a student's point of view.

maybe you rubbed her the wrong way?

• ashe1590
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2013, 01:07:13 pm
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2015, 08:24:42 am »
I'd just like to say this is literally the hardest programme to receive any information on and/ or actually enroll in classes for.

I applied in September/ October and have not even received any information on classes available in my area. It is now February and they are telling me I still have to wait. What the heck?

• zentea
  • Newgookin

• July 11, 2014, 09:53:03 am
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2015, 11:46:16 am »
Has anyone placed into level 1? How much Korean do you need to know to not get level 0?

When I take my placement test I'll have been studying Korean at a hagwon for 3 months - I'll be just getting read to start Sogang University's 2A book if anyone is familiar with that.

Is level 0 for people that can't read and write or is for people who only know a few things, like me? My vocabulary and grammar skills are very limited.