Read 1384 times

• Artisis
  • Veteran

• August 21, 2013, 04:52:28 pm
    • South Korea
No idea if my Taxes were filed
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »
So I sent all my information to a professional tax accountant along with my paren's stuff and literally have not heard a thing from her since March. My Dad has driven by the office and it is closed and despite numerous calls, there is no answer.....

So....I have no idea on weither my taxes were filed and there doesn't seem to be any information about this on the IRS website (I can only find "where is my refund"). Any idea on how to check that they recieved it?

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
Re: No idea if my Taxes were filed
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:49:01 pm »
So I sent all my information to a professional tax accountant along with my paren's stuff and literally have not heard a thing from her since March. My Dad has driven by the office and it is closed and despite numerous calls, there is no answer.....

So....I have no idea on weither my taxes were filed and there doesn't seem to be any information about this on the IRS website (I can only find "where is my refund"). Any idea on how to check that they recieved it?

You can call the phone number on the website that says "where is my refund" and they will transfer you to the right number. I did this two weeks ago to figure out what years were filed and what years were not. I hope this helps.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:57:23 pm »
Google "tax transcripts" I e-filed my taxes about a month ago (late, I know) and they've already been processed. You can sign in as a guest and it'll show you if the IRS has received and processed your taxes.

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:36 pm »
Google "tax transcripts" I e-filed my taxes about a month ago (late, I know) and they've already been processed. You can sign in as a guest and it'll show you if the IRS has received and processed your taxes.

I got a -8999 error.  :-[

• emwsu
  • Veteran

• November 28, 2010, 09:19:06 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:01 pm »
As per the accountant you have been trying to work with in the US, have you done research on them? Have they closed, changed numbers, bankrupt, others having similar issues?
Do you have any proof of correspondence with them? 
Sorry you have to deal with this... taxes are never fun

One of the last times I was in the US I sorted out about 3 years worth of taxes. I had attempted to file online my first year here in Korea and it was unsuccessful. I had paid some money, so the IRS had a 'credit' from me and no file. So I was getting letters from the IRS  :huh: but no penalty.

I kept all of my info and my dad and I went to see an accountant and he had 3 years of taxes sorted out in under an hour. I assume you may be in a similar situation, not making enough to be in trouble, but need to have it done ($USA$).
Good luck~

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 03:22:18 pm »
Ley_Druid,

Their system really sucks. I received error codes quite a few times before I could log on. Also, double check that all your info is correct. I ended up creating an account because I thought that would help me with the error codes, but I still get them now when I try to log on. Just keep trying and it should eventually work.