Read 3006 times

Finally home!
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:06:07 pm »
hey guys,

just wanna give my exit speech. hehehehehe. k hubby and i finally made the move out of korea. we are transitioning well here. been back exactly four days now and will be training for my new job after labor day :) there are many things i will miss about korea, but am glad to not be there anymore. i'm sure i'd pissed many waygook users off during my time in korea, but i was just killing deskwarming time playing devil's advocate. you won't have to worry about that anymore since i'll have a real job and no time to burn with posts. :) good luck to all of you, whether you're a lifer or trying to get the eff out.

peace,

tokkibunni

Re: Finally home!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:18:55 pm »
Sounds like a success story.
Nice job

• iami
  • Explorer

• June 02, 2014, 08:48:17 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »
All the best ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:12 am »
The grass is always greener...

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:12:10 am »
it sure is on this side. hahahha. excited to start my career with one of the big 4. woot, woot. would have left a long time ago if i wasn't married to a k-man. hahahha :)

• koreaiskorea
  • Super Waygook

• August 06, 2013, 09:21:54 am
    • Double Standard Hotel
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 08:01:24 am »
hey guys,

just wanna give my exit speech. hehehehehe. k hubby and i finally made the move out of korea. we are transitioning well here. been back exactly four days now and will be training for my new job after labor day :) there are many things i will miss about korea, but am glad to not be there anymore. i'm sure i'd pissed many waygook users off during my time in korea, but i was just killing deskwarming time playing devil's advocate. you won't have to worry about that anymore since i'll have a real job and no time to burn with posts. :) good luck to all of you, whether you're a lifer or trying to get the eff out.

peace,

tokkibunni

Yeah because none of us have "real jobs" with "real money", luckily we can buy real things. You'll be back in a year or two most likely.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:36:08 am by koreaiskorea »

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:30 am »
I lol'd.......

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:17:58 am »
Good luck for the future and don't pay any attention to the negative comments. A new chapter has just started, just like it did when you arrived here.

Hope all your dreams come true.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 08:47:45 am »
hey guys,

peace,

tokkibunni

Yeah because none of us have "real jobs" with "real money", luckily we can buy real things. You'll be back in a year or two most likely.

Well, if her definition of a real job is something that has much less free time during work hours, then yeah.

On a separate note.
A good transition out of teaching in Korea is always a success story. Congratz!
Open your mind.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 08:49:15 am »
It must be great to be home. What is your new job?

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 10:16:43 am »
hey guys,

peace,

tokkibunni

Well, if her definition of a real job is something that has much less free time during work hours, then yeah.

On a separate note.
A good transition out of teaching in Korea is always a success story. Congratz!

Exactly. Let's see how much time she gets to jerk around during work hours. Employers back home tend to be a tad bit different that the slack that is cut here. Good luck with one of the "Big 4."  ;D 8)

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:45 am »
It must be great to be home. What is your new job?

Auditing. Would have been well into my career if I didnt follow the K bf (now hubby) to Korea after his graduation. gotta lose some things to gain some things, right? hehehehe. back on track with what I like. Being a clown in Korea wasn't for me. So many years wasted but it allowed us to save enough to live comfortably with him being unemployed for a wihle.

Sure, no free time doing what I do, but i like what I do and making more than twice what I made. You wont be seeing me in Korea unless I'm there to audit a branch. :)

ANd, im out. exiting the forum for good. Good luck ya'll.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:06:53 am by tokkibunni »