Read 7785 times

• BTeacher
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2012, 07:21:01 am
Re: EunB of Ladies Code dead in car crash
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »
I didn't know this young woman, but this is sad nonetheless.

I wonder how many terrible accidents it will take before Korea starts taking road safety seriously.

• terivinix
  • Expert Waygook

• October 19, 2011, 02:20:32 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »
Manufactured pop music is about as old as pop music itself, and it isn't going away. People need to get over it.

Anyway, in addition to the dead girl and the driver another member RiSe is in really critical condition, she's been under a grueling 11 hour surgery I read and apparently needs more, they were going to transfer her to Seoul but her condition is too serious. I'm hoping she'll survive.

I wish more Kpop companies would get sued, though I'm sure that won't happen in this case. SM entertainment has been sued a few times by idols and had to change the condition of their contracts because of it. It's still not good but better than it used to be. The smaller companies don't have much money for anyone to gain by suing them and they have no reputation to uphold so I can imagine being under one would be even worse.

Manufactured pop music is an old concept yes but Korea takes it to a whole new level with the government involvement, the rigid training, and the control over kpop stars lives.

This is not the time to criticise the merits of kpop idols. But it is as good a time as any to criticise the industry which grinds up its workers. And doesnt treat the consumers any better.

I see the whole thing as resembling a cult, where you sacrifice for what you think is the greater good but its just some rich bastard taking your hard earned cash and working you til you die.

I hope the girl in surgery recovers, and swears off Kpop and starts on a path to a real music career. And i hope more of the fans realise where their money is going and rethink how they are using their consumer powers to fund such an inhuman industry.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 05:09:06 am »
Manufactured pop music is about as old as pop music itself, and it isn't going away. People need to get over it.

Anyway, in addition to the dead girl and the driver another member RiSe is in really critical condition, she's been under a grueling 11 hour surgery I read and apparently needs more, they were going to transfer her to Seoul but her condition is too serious. I'm hoping she'll survive.

I wish more Kpop companies would get sued, though I'm sure that won't happen in this case. SM entertainment has been sued a few times by idols and had to change the condition of their contracts because of it. It's still not good but better than it used to be. The smaller companies don't have much money for anyone to gain by suing them and they have no reputation to uphold so I can imagine being under one would be even worse.

Manufactured pop music is an old concept yes but Korea takes it to a whole new level with the government involvement, the rigid training, and the control over kpop stars lives.

This is not the time to criticise the merits of kpop idols. But it is as good a time as any to criticise the industry which grinds up its workers. And doesnt treat the consumers any better.

I see the whole thing as resembling a cult, where you sacrifice for what you think is the greater good but its just some rich bastard taking your hard earned cash and working you til you die.

I hope the girl in surgery recovers, and swears off Kpop and starts on a path to a real music career. And i hope more of the fans realise where their money is going and rethink how they are using their consumer powers to fund such an inhuman industry.

This....
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 19, 2010, 01:57:27 pm
    more
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 09:32:09 am »
Personally, I'd like to see the directors of the company punished for this as responsibility ultimately lies at the top, but this is Korea. That will never, ever happen. Idols are expendable. Parasitic CEOs treating idols like slaves are seen as untouchable semi-divines that are above the law.

Its a really sad story. No one deserves to go out this way, regardless of the music they make.
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 03:32:34 pm »
Good news:

SEOUL, Sept. 4 (Yonhap) -- The municipal government of Seoul said Thursday it plans to halve the number of traffic deaths over the next four years by taking more safety measures.

The plan was one of the 25 key policy goals the municipal government announced in Thursday's four-year policy map

Other good news:

plan to cut the volume of the city's ultrafine particles by 20 percent.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 03:42:43 am »
Good news:

SEOUL, Sept. 4 (Yonhap) -- The municipal government of Seoul said Thursday it plans to halve the number of traffic deaths over the next four years by taking more safety measures.

The plan was one of the 25 key policy goals the municipal government announced in Thursday's four-year policy map

Other good news:

If only they had law enforcement........ ...
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 08:36:25 am »
Good news:

Other good news:

If only they had law enforcement........ ...

That's something that the police do right? When not sat sleeping in cars or directing traffic?
I guess a crackdown is coming on watching DMB TV in cars, calling/texting on phones and allowing kids to scramble around inside cars? It will last....a week, maybe?

After the last crackdown ended, a lot of cars still run red lights and treat the crosswalk as just part of the road they can stop on.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »
stay on topic please. first warning.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm

• Wintermute
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 06, 2011, 01:07:27 pm
    • MURRICA!!!
    more
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 01:58:02 am »
Ohhh nooo that's so sad. I feel so bad for them. I was really hoping she'd come okay.