Read 8509 times

Re: Friendliest Part of South Korea?
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2020, 10:17:29 am »
Maybe just bad luck, but three of my worst stranger interactions in Korea came around the Euljiro-Jongro area. That area in particular seems like the perfect combination of overworked high-strung business people, and angry ajeossi and ajumma with nothing better to do

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2020, 10:21:56 am »
Daegu has been the only place I've experienced negative people and it was one guy.

I've been pretty blessed over the last 7.5 years. As for friendliest? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gangwon people are super down to earth and chill. That's why I love going to Chuncheon, city and small. Going there again in a few days for 2 nights by myself. Gonna chill the hell out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:53:02 am by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2020, 11:51:55 am »
I'm out in Gangwon and people are kind for the most part, but recently I've definitely experience more stares and comments from strangers because of the corona Itaewon situation. ...I would say the smaller the city/town the nicer the people are.

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2020, 03:40:50 pm »
Any o yall find yurselves in Suwon, well take good care o ya, ya hear?

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2020, 12:27:24 am »
Dang, this is off the charts in terms of trueness.

I'm glad I'm not the only one sucked into the urban legends that seem to be taken as fact.

Alot of these myths are subjective, based on personal taste.

Myth:  "Brazil has the best looking women in the world".
Fact: every country has its share of attractive women. And in any case beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

myth: "Gangwon do is the friendliest".
Fact: Your impression depends to a large extent on what type of person you are and how you percieve friendliness.

Catch my drift?