Read 5319 times

• matthewm12
  • Veteran

• August 31, 2011, 02:41:25 pm
    • South Korea
Paris Baguette...in Paris?
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:05:42 am »
Can I insert one of these  :rolleyes: in the subject?

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140723000494

This could be very successful when more Koreans start visiting Paris.

Re: Paris Baguette...in Paris?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:41 am »
Can I insert one of these  :rolleyes: in the subject?

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140723000494

This could be very successful when more Koreans start visiting Paris.

Ouch!

• grey
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 08, 2011, 04:47:11 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:26:03 am »
I would 100% invest in this.

Imagine how busy a Paris Baguette would be in Paris. It would be like a once in your life you should visit kind of thing for Koreans.

Bonus points if it is made where a Japanese business went out of business.

Added:

Established in 1988, Paris Baguette has more than 3,000 stores at home, 125 in China, 37 in the U.S., 11 in Vietnam and six in Singapore.

Very surprised. Hopefully their Parisien store is a flop so Canada and the rest of Europe will be spared.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:31:50 am by grey »
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:33:17 am »
So basically it really isn't a Paris Baguette in Paris. It is just the company that owns it creating a restaurant in Paris, using French ingredients and cooking style. So... it should be better and a lot less sausage and sugar.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:05 am »
So basically it really isn't a Paris Baguette in Paris. It is just the company that owns it creating a restaurant in Paris, using French ingredients and cooking style. So... it should be better and a lot less sausage and sugar.

I'd actually love to see them try and serve it up to the French, Korean style.

• yfb
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2010, 11:50:12 am
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 09:44:19 am »
Can you imagine the reaction to serving that sugared garlic bread over there? There'd be riots outside the store!

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 02, 2011, 11:23:30 pm
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:46:20 am »
I'm sure it will be the Korean tour group trails.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:45 am »
“The opening of our Paris store highlights our commitment to continually improve and perfect the quality of our European-style bread and pastries,” he said.

wow, i had no idea that sweet garlic bread was 'European-style'  :laugh:

although to their credit, it does seem like PB have tried to actually make that French store a legit bakery serving proper high-quality bakery products.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:51:49 am by johnny russian »

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 09:52:14 am »
“The opening of our Paris store highlights our commitment to continually improve and perfect the quality of our European-style bread and pastries,” he said.

I missed that part because just know. If they claimed that they wanted to market Korean style bakery to the lovely citizens on Paris I could say "good lucky, buddy" but this is so funny. 

They would do better to import the Parisians to Korea and improve the rubbish they sell here.

• matthewm12
  • Veteran

• August 31, 2011, 02:41:25 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 11:10:55 am »
http://mengnews.joins.com/view.aspx?gCat=050&aId=2992455

The bakery chain with more than 3,000 stores in Korea said that it has hired experienced bakers from France to work at the store and also sent Korean bakers to train them using Paris Baguette’s traditional recipes. However, only French ingredients are used to make goods in the Paris store...

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 11:40:51 am »
I cannot think of one thing I like to eat from them. Their bread has to be the worst on the planet. Tastes like sawdust and water then baked.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 01:22:57 pm »
Good for them, I hope it's successful.

...oh wait sorry, forgot where I was.

lol good luck selling your sugary garbage in a civilized country, jerks! rolleyes lol

• jaehak
  • Veteran

• June 09, 2011, 10:45:21 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 01:31:51 pm »

I missed that part because just know. If they claimed that they wanted to market Korean style bakery to the lovely citizens on Paris I could say "good lucky, buddy" but this is so funny. 

They would do better to import the Parisians to Korea and improve the rubbish they sell here.

They kinda have.  There is one outlet of Paris Croissant in Banpo-dong that actually makes real French style baguette sandwiches and whatnot.  Rumor has it actual French bakers work there.   

Opening in Paris probably is a smart move.  As another poster mentioned, every Korean tour group will stop there.  Not gonna lie, I'm visiting China soon, and if there's a Panda Express there I'll be pretty excited. 

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 01:43:55 pm »

They kinda have.  There is one outlet of Paris Croissant in Banpo-dong that actually makes real French style baguette sandwiches and whatnot.  Rumor has it actual French bakers work there.   

Opening in Paris probably is a smart move.  As another poster mentioned, every Korean tour group will stop there.  Not gonna lie, I'm visiting China soon, and if there's a Panda Express there I'll be pretty excited.

How many Koreans actually visit Paris each year, enough to keep this place afloat?

• Jgrat
  • Super Waygook

• May 16, 2011, 06:14:29 am
    • Siheung
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26:46 pm »
Clever business plan. They'll get loads of American and Asian tourists at that location, there's loads of big chain hotels. The place shouts "COME HERE FOR COFFEE AND SANDWICHES". No self-respecting French person would be caught in the place unless it was to use the free toilette. France has over 40,000 independent bakeries that are small family run business that are up at 3am baking up morning loaves (unlike the 2pm shite loaves here). If you're not picking up your baked goods there than you're pressed for time and grabbing it from the bakery at the supermarket. If they stick to that one location they should be alright.

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »

I have always wondered how Panda Express would be received in China. I can imagine the locals thinking WTF is this? haha

• Jgrat
  • Super Waygook

• May 16, 2011, 06:14:29 am
    • Siheung
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 02:52:13 pm »
If you put any familiar chain near a bunch of hotels you're going to get tourist business. Most middle aged/elderly tourists spend a crap load of money for tour packages because they're just not comfortable/can't be bothered to learn a new language or eat something they might not like or that will make them explode from both ends.

The location they put their new store at has a Novotel and McDonald's right near it plus a Starbucks, and KFC just down the street. There's about a dozen hotels that I know of just in that one block from Pont Neuf to the theatre.

• Bwiiian2
  • Waygookin

• March 31, 2012, 02:47:19 pm
    • Samcheok
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 01:25:21 pm »
If it helps them improve their bakery skills for their branches here in Korea then this can only be a good thing.  The sausages and sugar products will still stay as that is what is preferable to the Korean palate, much like the way Chinese/Indian/etc food is different in every country to cater to different tastes, but hopefully their baguettes and other products will improve.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 09:05:33 am »
Paris Baguette’s traditional recipes

Ahahahaha.

Ever leave a PB baguette out for a couple days? The thing just gets soggy, it's so full of preservatives. Leave out a Tous les Jours baguette and it's hard as a rock after a day, and it tastes way better (when it's fresh anyway).

• EL34
  • Expert Waygook

• September 28, 2013, 07:48:34 pm
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 09:25:28 am »

I'd actually love to see them try and serve it up to the French, Korean style.

I doubt we'll ever get the pleasure of witnessing that. It would be corporate suicide if they did.