Read 3629 times

• sirwinga
  • Waygookin

• August 29, 2010, 07:39:34 pm
    • Hampyeong
Hi everyone,

I have uesed this lesson with both middle and high school. Here is how I've done it:

1. Go through powerpoint  - students are to guess which picture goes with which vocabulary - I dont always show them the vocab for this one before going through the first round of pictures.
   - Lightning round is meant for them to go faster and identifiy which word suits the picture
2. Show the students a video clip - I have used different ones but my favorite is "The Animals save the Planet" (serach it in youtube and find them individually or all in one clip. discuss
3. Play bomb game - which they love

Hope someone is able to use this!

• MikeW
  • Adventurer

• September 28, 2010, 09:21:31 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province
Re: Environment, natural phenomena, lesson. Powerpoint and bomb game
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:36:21 pm »
Thank you so much for this.
I've been doing a lot of bomb games lately with my middle schoolers (they're all boys and there's about 35 in each class), so I decided to switch it up using one of Daejeon's brilliant templates.

• rlhadley
  • Adventurer

• March 09, 2011, 09:43:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »
Really good lesson. Im so excited to try it. Thanks for sharing. I think its so relevent given everything that has happened latley. I think I may try to make a hadout with the vocab and korean translation. I will post it if I do. Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:23:20 am »
I took the same powerpoint as before but just added some good pics to keep the students interest. Enjoy!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:44:36 am »
The Star Craft/Environment ppt was a HIT by the way! my students were way more into this class than normal! thanks!

• icecreamkills
  • Adventurer

• September 07, 2010, 08:19:11 am
    • Yeosu South Jeolla
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 12:50:13 pm »
Great interactive lesson. Did it today with some lower level students and it worked great. I attached a worksheet that I made to go along with it. Pretty simple, the idea is just write the word next to the clip art.

• bebuggery
  • Adventurer

• November 14, 2010, 05:03:28 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:28:01 am »
Great contribution, thanks so much!

My students were having trouble following because the words came sort of randomly. I rearranged them in my version of the powerpoint according to themes (storms, earth-based disasters, fire disasters, and human disasters), and they seemed to pay more attention. Also, I put in a snapshot of Google maps showing the size of the BP oil spill relative to the size of Korea - that really caught their attention.