Read 882 times

Selling things
« on: April 10, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »
No, I am not selling anything. And let me say I apologize if this offends you, but it has been eating at me for a while. I can absolutely understand selling a guitar, television, bed, printer, game system, etc. These are expensive items that still have value....
However, I've been checking the 'for sale' sections here and at the Cafe, and am always struck by the people trying to sell the most ridiculous items, including such "must-haves" as used snow pants, used bras, and shower curtains. I know a former teacher here who tried to sell their half-used shampoo bottles, and a current teacher trying to sell posters taken from their English classroom at school. 
I understand you want to make a buck for the things you paid for. But shouldn't self-respect and perhaps empathy preclude someone from trying to pawn off such worthless junk? Do you really need to make a chon won for a glass cup or knife and fork set, rather than doing a good deed and helping out a fresh-off-the-boat teacher who has literally nothing but an empty apartment?
End of rant.