Read 1224 times

  • bsweet
  • Adventurer

    • 52

    • September 10, 2010, 10:21:23 pm
    • Waegwan
Letter of recommendation
« on: July 09, 2014, 12:48:19 pm »
Does anybody have experience getting a letter of recommendation when leaving a school? Do they come from the POE, the school directly, or not at all? If it is possible to get one, for employment back in the U.S., would it be in Korean or English? And who do I ask about this?


  • Mezoti97
  • The Legend

    • 2684

    • April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Letter of recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:07:23 pm »
I've gotten letters of recommendation (written in English) before from a couple of my former co-teachers at one of my former public schools. I've also always gotten the certificate of employment from every public school where I've worked (it's official proof that you worked at your school from such-and-such date until such-and-such date -- it's used here as proof of teaching experience when applying to teach at another school in Korea). You can get this from your school's administration office when you're finishing up your contract and are leaving the school. The certificate of employment form is all in Korean, but you can probably take it to a translation service and they will translate it for you for a cost (don't know the exact details/specifics on that, as I haven't had to have any of my Korean documents translated into English yet).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:09:36 pm by Mezoti97 »

  • taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

    • 5507

    • September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: Letter of recommendation
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »
please search the site. there are lots of topics about this.
use google to search the site XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term