Read 8820 times

KPop Slam Old School (2014)
« on: July 07, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »
So the KPop Slam game I made last year was such a hit with my students, even my new 1st grade students who never played it before were asking about it. This one is old school and has been an even bigger success. I would especially recommend this for high school students.  (Once again, big shout out to Wintermute for the template!)

The topics this time are Girl Group, Boy Group, Solo, Foreign, Random and New.

Girl Group, Boy Group and Solo are all older but popular songs.  New consists of songs that came out in 2014. Foreign are English non-Korean songs. Random can be old, new, boy group, girl group or solo, but NOT foreign.

You will probably need to delete and re-sync the videos as I still have not figured out how to properly embed files  8)

If you have Korean PPT, here are the instructions:
1) Copy the entire KPop Old School folder onto the computer you'll be using and then open the PPT file.
2) Delete the previous video.
3) Click 삽입 on the menu bar.
4) Click the Movie Reel icon/비디오 (second from the far right)
5) Find the file. Each video clip should be in it's appropriate folder. Example: Something by Girl's Day can be found in the "Random" folder and is labeled "50 Girl's Day Something."

One final note:
You can choose to have the students go through the first slide (Girl Group, Boy Group, Solo) and then move onto the second slide as a second round or you can switch between the slides and let them choose whatever. If you switch between the slides, make sure you click directly on the arrow in the bottom right hand corner. If you don't, the slides might reset.

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know!  Happy playing! ;D

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7dB3aUBp3XWZGJiVmtQU0JDS3c&usp=sharing

• tjms
  • Explorer

• May 01, 2013, 10:48:14 am
Re: KPop Slam Old School (2014)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »
Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to playing with my students!

• prisspiggy
  • Adventurer

• July 13, 2010, 12:32:53 pm
    • Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:03:26 am »
Hey,

I was just re-adding the videos and noticed that the 40 point video for the Random folder and the New folder are missing from my zip folder.  I think they didn't download for some odd reason.  Will try to dl them individually.  Anyway, thought you might like to know.

Otherwise, thanks a ton!  This is amazing work.  I am sure my students are going to absolutely love this KPop game for their rewards week.  Cheers~

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:59:41 am by prisspiggy »

• davjs
  • Veteran

• February 22, 2011, 05:07:08 pm
    • Daegu, SK
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:21:26 am »
This is fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to make/upload this.

I just wanted to upload the PPT, I changed the 4 minute surprises to make them a little more suspenseful (bombs, dynamite). I also covered the answer choices so students can watch the MV before answering if they don't know just by reading.

Hope this helps!

Make sure to download the individual movies files from the original post

• znr713
  • Adventurer

• March 26, 2014, 08:30:29 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 07:20:12 am »
This will be my first KPop Slam! Thank you so much for posting! Question: Is this a group game (like the group has a whiteboard and answer each on there) or an individual game (with each student writing on their own paper)?

• seantheman
  • Veteran

• June 25, 2013, 06:23:10 am
    • dublin Ireland
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:26 am »
Thanks very much. I was looking for something to use for next week, my last week at this Highschool.....this will work nicely :D

Much appreciated

Quick question, what tool did or program did you use to rip the videos from youtube or the source ?

It's just I might change 1 or 2 as there are a few that were on the previous K-Pop slam.

(I can understand that this is probably due to the fact that many K-pop songs don't have English in them, or if they do it's usually awful :P )
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:14:57 am by seantheman »

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »
This will be my first KPop Slam! Thank you so much for posting! Question: Is this a group game (like the group has a whiteboard and answer each on there) or an individual game (with each student writing on their own paper)?

I divide my class up into 3 teams and they take turns choosing. The team that chooses has to answer before the timer runs out or else the other teams can also raise their hands and guess.

Thanks very much. I was looking for something to use for next week, my last week at this Highschool.....this will work nicely :D

Much appreciated

Quick question, what tool did or program did you use to rip the videos from youtube or the source ?

It's just I might change 1 or 2 as there are a few that were on the previous K-Pop slam.

(I can understand that this is probably due to the fact that many K-pop songs don't have English in them, or if they do it's usually awful :P )

I use YTD Video Downloader and Freemake Video Converter

This is fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to make/upload this.

I just wanted to upload the PPT, I changed the 4 minute surprises to make them a little more suspenseful (bombs, dynamite). I also covered the answer choices so students can watch the MV before answering if they don't know just by reading.

Hope this helps!

Make sure to download the individual movies files from the original post

Looks good~!

Hey,

I was just re-adding the videos and noticed that the 40 point video for the Random folder and the New folder are missing from my zip folder.  I think they didn't download for some odd reason.  Will try to dl them individually.  Anyway, thought you might like to know.

Otherwise, thanks a ton!  This is amazing work.  I am sure my students are going to absolutely love this KPop game for their rewards week.  Cheers~

I checked and it shows the files in googledrive... so I'm not sure why they didn't download for you. If anyone else has that problem, please let me know.

Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to playing with my students!

Happy playing!

• Jet0716
  • Veteran

• March 29, 2014, 07:58:25 am
    • WI, USA (Hopefully Jinju soon)
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 04:05:27 pm »
hey, this waspretty solid stuff!  I replaced some of the english stuff with things i like^^ but still, real solid.  thanks man!

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 05:09:51 pm »

Much appreciated

if you want to cut out just one small section of a video you can use Tubechop - chops out the section you want and then you just paste that link it generates there into Freemake video downloader or something to download:

http://www.tubechop.com/

• Andyroo
  • Expert Waygook

• February 09, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 11:54:36 am »

I use YTD Video Downloader and Freemake Video Converter

Thank you for this recomendation.

That freemake video converter sounds fantastic. Cut and Converts MP4 (aka Youtube videos) into WMV (PPT).

I have to try and focus on the regular lessons I need to make right now but I'm getting excited about the possibilities :)

• K.Sohee
  • Adventurer

• June 14, 2013, 07:54:21 am
    • Suwon
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:02 am »
I'm not hearing any of the sound clips. I see them in the folders but they don't play while I'm in presentation mode. Help?

Nevermind, I got it!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:31:07 am by K.Sohee »

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:18:50 pm »
@tsarotu

Thanks for the tip on the packaging. I'll try that next time, if I decide to make another one in the future.

As for the volume... I also have no idea why but that's how the actual sound file was when I watched them on youtube. I tried to get the best quality I could by downloading it from each groups official youtube channel but it still ended up that way. So if you figure it out, let me know. ^^

Sorry if some of the videos were too risque for your classes.  My high school has a strict policy against 19+ music videos so I never include those, but these days, even the 15+ videos are getting to be too much. Of course, those are the ones all my boy students love the most and get upset over when they end. Of course, I get revenge by "accidentally" replaying the Tablo/Taeyang video two or three times. :wink: Haha!

• Aqvm
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2012, 06:55:24 am
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 02:51:17 pm »
I switched out a couple of the videos for older (less risque) ones when I did it. I appreciate that you tried to keep this one tame, though. There are other slams that have been recently posted that have videos that are waaaaay over the line for what I would show even to a high school class.

These are a perennial favorite for post-exams classes but I hope that the game makers will keep it more "Akdong Musician/IU/Busker Busker" and less "Hyuna/Gain/etc"

• Jet0716
  • Veteran

• March 29, 2014, 07:58:25 am
    • WI, USA (Hopefully Jinju soon)
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 07:34:50 am »
Hah, yha.  The girls day and hyosung i edited down to tiny little clips where it just showed the face or the english speaking part.  Things are getting pretty risky these days.

• vmajeika
  • Adventurer

• September 11, 2013, 08:20:30 pm
    • Changwon
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 11:52:06 am »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwZq6uti5T-_S3JtRnQ5WnZFNWs/view?usp=sharing

I re-did a lot of the songs so I could use it now. My 1st graders were clueless on quite a few. Just drop it into the same folder. The song I changed are embedded hence the large file.

Update:
four songs didn't work when I played it so here they are and place them in the same folder. make sure they work in the ppt before playing.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwZq6uti5T-_flFzWTA5WlFYV19nNUVNUnRVc01yNjFxQTZ1R0JsSjNNRm1wd2FWVE96SWc&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:54:07 am by vmajeika »