Read 1491 times

KEB account
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:10:25 pm »
Hi all! I need to open a KEB account in addition to my NH because NH is poop. If anyone has a KEB account already, I was wondering if you could tell me what I need to bring to open a regular account and the one-stop account? (I'm not sure if that's what it's called....I need an account for international transfers)

danke

• rwbuie
  • Explorer

• August 29, 2011, 06:47:45 am
    • jeju
Re: KEB account
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:30:34 pm »
the usual:

Your ARC/drivers license & passport

if you want to setup direct deposit, they need employer info, your contract will suffice they can take it from there.  Actually, they asked for mine anyway, even though I didn't want to set it up, and I'm not sure why -_-

Know your address, in hangul is better so have it on paper for them to copy if that is tricky for you. 

Money to deposit isn't a bad idea either, but I don't think it is required, don't remember.

Be ready to tell them if oyu want an international check card or not. 

If you want to setup internet banking, and you have a digital cert from NH, bring it (transfer to phone) and they can help you, otherwise youll have to work on that later (but you can actually do it all online from home once youve authorized internet banking with KEB.) 

am I forgetting anything?

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 04:32:53 pm »
I took the following...

Passport
ARC
Work contract (not mandatory, but see below)
Proof of address - (Internet bill)
Current bank passbook (not mandatory, but see below)
Details of my account back home

If you have already designated NH as your "international bank" and wish to change it, like I did, it can take some time, as they have to contact your branch first to advise of the transfer. Mine was done the same day within about 20 minutes, but I imagine it could take longer.

They took copies of everything. The contract along with the passbook allowed me to apply for a credit card on the day I opened the account with them. I was approved, and it arrived later in the post.

You should ask to set-up internet banking on the same day, so that you don't have to go in again.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:56:35 pm »
Money to deposit isn't a bad idea either, but I don't think it is required, don't remember.

Not required. When I set mine up, I didn't bring/deposit any money into it that day.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:42:57 pm »
the usual:

Your ARC/drivers license & passport

if you want to setup direct deposit, they need employer info, your contract will suffice they can take it from there.  Actually, they asked for mine anyway, even though I didn't want to set it up, and I'm not sure why -_-

Know your address, in hangul is better so have it on paper for them to copy if that is tricky for you. 

Be ready to tell them if oyu want an international check card or not. 

If you want to setup internet banking, and you have a digital cert from NH, bring it (transfer to phone) and they can help you, otherwise youll have to work on that later (but you can actually do it all online from home once youve authorized internet banking with KEB.) 

am I forgetting anything?

I believe they want your contract because they use your annual salary to set a limit on international transfers. Pretty sure I read this when I was looking over information for sending money back home.
But how do I know what to lick and what not to lick?

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:56:41 pm »
thank you all! Looks like everything is covered, thanks! :laugh: