Read 2634 times

• tijanah
  • Explorer

• July 06, 2010, 09:33:31 am
    • Hongseong, Chungnam
Board Pictionary
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:53:53 pm »
Helloooo lovely people

An awesome game to play if you have a big class is Board Pictionary.

Put your class into groups of 3/4. Rotate a different student every round.
If you don't have Pictionary cards, make a list of words that you think the students will recognize.
You also need some form of timer.
Give the student in front of the class a board marker, and their group has to guess what they are drawing on the board -
without ANY spoken or written words. This is all under the pressure of the TIMER of course ;)
It's tons of fun, and the Students GO WILD! this could also work for High School!

Hope you enjoy! Tee
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:55:52 pm by tijanah »

• Sitruc Eyd
  • Explorer

• March 10, 2011, 01:03:11 pm
    • Jeonju, South Korea
Re: Board Pictionary
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:07:18 pm »
Yeah, pictionary is a good game because it's low prep and low tech. My problems is that the 25+ students who aren't involved in the current round just totally tune out.  Because they have nothing to do pretty soon the background chatting gets to be too distracting.

I've had more success running this as a competitive game.  Give each team a white board and invited one member of each team up to the board to draw.  Give each student in front a piece of chalk to write with.  Their teammates have one minute to write the answer on the white board while the student in front draws on the board.  At the end of one minute all the teams hold up their board. 

This works best with grammar patterns rather than individual words.  It's one thing for a student to draw an airplane, but getting their team to write "I have to take an airplane" can be more rewarding.