Read 1017 times

• LAJenney
  • Veteran

• January 02, 2012, 08:19:51 am
    • Iowa
    more
Getting CBC and apostilled transcrupts while in Korea
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:17:04 pm »
I've been in Korea for 2 1/2 years and next year I want to try a public school job. Getting paperwork while in USA is a pain in the butt, but I imagine getting those same documents while living here in Korea is even more complicated, stressful, and time consuming.     So... how does one manage all those while here?  PLEASE take into account i am independant and won't have someone at home to recieve my ordered transcripts who then can send them in another direction for an apostile.  Everything must be done by myself.   Also, isnt the CBC only valid for 3 months?
Looking to make new friends in Korea! I will be residing near Seoul, but living in Bundang.

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 am
    • Korea
Re: Getting CBC and apostilled transcrupts while in Korea
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:44:32 am »
I've always used Korea Post EMS to send documents to the USA and send a Fedex envelope with a prepaid return label for them to send everything back from the FBI, State Dept, etc. (I setup an account with Fedex). If you're short on time there are companies that will expedite things for the apostille, cbc, etc.

The transcripts don't need to be apostilled, just sealed in unopened envelopes.

The EPIK site has a list of requirements which is pretty standard for all public schools...
https://www.epik.go.kr/contents.do?contentsNo=60&menuNo=293

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:58:36 am »
Also, isnt the CBC only valid for 3 months?

It's valid for 6 months.

• country09
  • Expert Waygook

• January 05, 2011, 10:04:21 am
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »
Once you get back your CBC that is going to be a problem. If you have absolutely no one in the states who can help you then you will need to mail it to Korea then send it to either a courier or straight to the state department.

I have no idea if you can send the CBC straight to a courier but that would be something you would need to personally contact the individual company with.

I also second the fact you do not need your transcripts apostilled. Your diploma does need to be though.