Read 2667 times

Easy drawing lesson: perfect for all levels
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:41:44 am »
This is a really easy drawing tutorial. It starts with drawing rules (have fun, try your best, respect others...) and vocabulary.
Then there is a link to a youtube series called "art for kids" its a step by step "how-to" for drawing Hello Kitty. I find it best to do it along with the students, pausing the video after each step.
There should be enough time for another drawing, the "sad puppy" is really cute and easy, and the students can change it's expression to happy, or angry or something if they like.
There are several more animals to draw, the robot is easiest, the owl isn't bad but the parrot is pretty complicated. Really, Hello Kitty and Sad Puppy should take up most of the time.
Have fun!

• artsl
  • Waygookin

• April 29, 2011, 10:33:07 am
    • s.korea
Re: Easy drawing lesson: perfect for all levels
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 11:15:27 am »
Hi,
Thank you for posting drawing lesson. Will use it after final exams. I'm sure, my middle school age students' will love it!

• kclark14
  • Waygookin

• August 21, 2013, 06:18:07 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:31:08 pm »
Hey this is great! I usually teach middle school but do volunteer elementary stuff once a week, think this will go over great with the older elementary students. Thanks a bunch :)

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »
This looks great.  I have an after school class with really low level kids, and I'm on my own.  My Korean's not great, so this should be good.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »
Thanks so much for the responses!
Just to let everyone know the "art for kids" youtube series is great. I really recommend doing more than one lesson like this. The olaf character is very popular and there is a panda that's adorable, and very easy to draw.
Happy drawing!

• kkwalter
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2011, 07:55:17 am
    • Sokcho, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »
I also wanted to add that this lesson was great! I never thought to do drawing in class, as I can't draw well myself. I did this lesson for 45 minutes with grade one and two middle school girls. We drew Hello Kitty, Olaf and then quickly Sad Puppy. They were sooo quiet and it was so relaxing. Also the video is so good! They love the Hello Kitty one because the little girl is so sweet! Thank you for the idea of doing drawing in class!! It is great lesson for extra time, after school conversation or last minute classes!