Read 1005 times

Any info appreciated
"Keep 'em comin', sweets, I got a long drive. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?"

Ernie McCracken

Re: Where to buy prescription sunglasses -good price-recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:51 am »
Might want to see if the nearest costco does glasses. Back home, I could get the frames and lenses for the price of either one alone at a place like lens crafters, although it required a few days waiting since they didn't have the lens cutting stuff on-site.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:38:38 am »
There are a lot of eyeglass shops at Namdaemun market in Seoul where you could get prescription sunglasses.

• DrPeppero
  • Adventurer

• August 06, 2012, 09:01:58 am
    • Incheon
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:28:51 am »
You can go to any eyeglasses store and have them do it if you're not picky about the brand, color, or design.

I bought the sunglasses I wanted from one of the big department stores. Then I went to an eyeglass shop and had them check my prescription to use for my sunglasses.

The frames I picked out use curved lenses so it cost around 80,000 to get it done.

The eyeglass stores will sell the basic black frame of most brands cheaper than the department stores (anywhere around 50,000 - 70,000 cheaper, depending on the brand)

The process will take more than a few days (up to a week) and you can get this done anywhere. The shop will ship the glasses wherever you want.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 11:22:53 am »
The process will take more than a few days (up to a week) and you can get this done anywhere. The shop will ship the glasses wherever you want.

Really? That hasn't been my experience when I got prescription sunglasses here. In my case, it was done on the same day -- in fact, it took no more than 10 minutes. I guess maybe it depends on which eyeglass shop you go to in Korea, but in my experience here, whether it was prescription eyeglasses or prescription sunglasses, I always got them on the same day -- never had to wait more than that to get them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:24:37 am by Mezoti97 »