Read 109263 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Air pollution - bad enough to leave Korea?
« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2018, 03:38:03 pm »
JNM's right. China doesn't need Korea.

China will work on its pollution problems because of domestic pressures and to encourage green industries.

Korea needs to sweep its own garden.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #421 on: February 20, 2018, 04:51:44 pm »
Imagine sweeping then filthy dust from China blows over.

Itís disgusting that China is polluting the world. North Korea is too. Mongolia is too. South Korea is too.  Other countries should call them out in that. Japan would be a good first choice since they are being hit by crappy air. Actually, citizens of every country - including us - should apply pressure.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #422 on: February 20, 2018, 05:38:25 pm »
Imagine sweeping then filthy dust from China blows over.

Itís disgusting that China is polluting the world. North Korea is too. Mongolia is too. South Korea is too.  Other countries should call them out in that. Japan would be a good first choice since they are being hit by crappy air. Actually, citizens of every country - including us - should apply pressure.
China has pledged to cut power sector emissions by 60% by 2020. It's going all in on electric vehicles.

What is South Korea doing? What is India doing? What is trumpy doing?

We should put pressure on them, but, first, what are you doing personally to curb pollution? That's where it starts.

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #423 on: February 20, 2018, 05:40:15 pm »
Countries can say weíre all in this together. Letís work together to cut emissions everywhere.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #424 on: February 20, 2018, 09:14:29 pm »
Countries can say weíre all in this together. Letís work together to cut emissions everywhere.
That's what the Paris Agreement says.

« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2018, 09:29:11 pm »
Ever notice how much sooty grime coats everything here? I leave the window open in my laundry room, and cleaning it is like trying to manage an oil slick. Having a car means seeing how much dust and soot can accumulate here in just a day or two. It's digusting how much shit is in the air here.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2018, 07:56:29 pm »
South Korea's a rich country, man. One of the largest economies on earth.

Look at how quickly South Korea folded when China exploited its citizens to do "Oori Nara"-style anti-Korean campaigns against Korean products and group tours to Seoul. Chinese people were recording themselves vandalizing Choco Pie boxes, Chinese kindergarteners were recorded in propaganda videos screaming "I hate Korea" and yelling that they would never buy any Korean products, and Lotte Marts all over China closed down. South Korea folded faster than origami and gave up their sovereign right to self-defense. OVER CHOCO PIES, WHICH AREN'T EVEN VERY DELICIOUS.

China will never listen to Koreans about anything, especially not pollution. And Koreans continuing to blame China for all the pollution when over half of it comes from Koreans means that Koreans will never have to do anything about their own pollution.

I had no idea what douchebags the Chinese are. 

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #427 on: February 25, 2018, 08:16:19 pm »
Ever notice how much sooty grime coats everything here? I leave the window open in my laundry room, and cleaning it is like trying to manage an oil slick. Having a car means seeing how much dust and soot can accumulate here in just a day or two. It's digusting how much shit is in the air here.
I got my car washed (drove across town to get the 7,000 won deal!) and it rained for like an hour and the next morning my vehicle had huge dust circle splatter (what the heck to call them?) and I had to pay another 3000 won to quickly spray wash it myself to prevent coworker comments or student finger messages in the dirt.

I was born in Vancouver General Hospital and half-raised on Vancouver Island (hence, VanIslander), and I sigh every time I compare the pollution level here to back home. It's 5 to 25 there. It's 60 to 150+ here.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #428 on: February 25, 2018, 09:24:21 pm »
I got my car washed (drove across town to get the 7,000 won deal!) and it rained for like an hour and the next morning my vehicle had huge dust circle splatter (what the heck to call them?) and I had to pay another 3000 won to quickly spray wash it myself to prevent coworker comments or student finger messages in the dirt.

I was born in Vancouver General Hospital and half-raised on Vancouver Island (hence, VanIslander), and I sigh every time I compare the pollution level here to back home. It's 5 to 25 there. It's 60 to 150+ here.
Driving a car is adding to the pollution. Just sayin'.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #429 on: February 26, 2018, 09:52:36 am »
So is breathing. CO2 is a greenhouse gas!
Of course, certain people pollute more through their continual respiration than others...  :wink:

« Reply #430 on: February 26, 2018, 09:59:26 am »
I bought an air purifier for my classroom at my main school since my current schools still aren't making that investment.

The pollution levels are high enough often enough that I'd recommend others do the same. Might put the fear into some schools, lol.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:18:49 am by Chinguetti »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #431 on: February 26, 2018, 07:12:50 pm »
Bad enough?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

And that is why, ladies, gents, and trolls, I bid you adieu.

Stay copastatic!

« Reply #432 on: February 27, 2018, 12:57:53 pm »
Of course, certain people pollute more through their continual respiration than others...  :wink:

Apparently the single best thing you can do for the environment is not have children. So as a childless middle aged man Iím doing my bit.

Korea, Japan and Europe are doing their bit.

However I think that will be offset by population growth in India and Africa.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #433 on: February 27, 2018, 01:01:21 pm »

Apparently the single best thing you can do for the environment is not have children. So as a childless middle aged man Iím doing my bit.

Not eating meat is massive, too. Or at least reducing meat consumption.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2018, 08:17:49 am »

Insofar as carbon footprints are concerned, the average Western individual consumes more resources than a dozen third world denizens.
Here's a nice little visual of CO2 emission per capita per country to depress you:

I've often heard the quote that the world's richest 10% are responsible for more than half the world's greenhouse gases.  :huh:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2018, 12:22:48 pm »

Insofar as carbon footprints are concerned, the average Western individual consumes more resources than a dozen third world denizens.
Here's a nice little visual of CO2 emission per capita per country to depress you:

I've often heard the quote that the world's richest 10% are responsible for more than half the world's greenhouse gases.  :huh:

Ok, so move to Chad or STFO.

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2018, 12:59:25 pm »

But your kid could make an invention to help the environment. Give the world a Thomas Mc 2.0.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2018, 09:51:48 am »
Ok, so move to Chad or STFO.
Terrible advice! Did you know that international travel -- especially by aeroplane -- is one of the best ways to dramatically increases one's carbon footprint?

Also, it's not where you live, it's how you live. Even if I moved to Chad, I'd still be high-rollin':afro:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:55:30 am by kyndo »

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #439 on: March 05, 2018, 11:10:15 am »
When was the last time there was a sea of green in Korea?

http://aqicn.org/city/seoul/