Read 1159 times

My current hagwon contract will finish around the beginning of September, which I know isn't an ideal time for the usual public school hiring season as most PS jobs will have just started at that point.

If I work with a recruiter like Korvia, would it be possible to find a public school position which is open around that time? I don't have a TEFL cert now, but I'd definitely be willing to do one online to meet that requirement.

I'd be open to going to a rural area and doing the multiple school thing, as long as it's reasonably close to a big city.

• Jaunter
  • Super Waygook

• April 02, 2012, 11:57:17 am
    • Goyang, Korea
    more
Re: Possible to find a PS job after my hagwon contract ends in September?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:47:32 am »
I can tell you that at least with GEPIK that they're have been universalizing the start dates to the beginning of March. But there are still rural schools that have start dates all over the place. As for EPIK or SMOE jobs I don't know.  :undecided:

I can also tell you that Korvia has already started processing applications for the next hiring period so get on that!

Best of luck!
_ゝ`) ...

• truongt
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2010, 06:51:00 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:50:37 pm »
The traditional intake for EPIK starts in February and August, but they have an option on the application that will allow you to apply for late intake. I've heard of a few EPIK teachers who don't start their contract until March or September. My friend's girlfriend actually didn't start her contract until December of her intake year, although I'm not sure if she was wait-listed or legitimately late intake.

• Zeeto
  • Adventurer

• March 11, 2010, 03:37:04 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:16:47 am »
JLP traditionally has a group start in November.

• xd4252
  • Adventurer

• March 26, 2013, 12:11:41 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:29:27 am »
Where I am (Gyeongsangnam-do) has EPIK jobs starting all the time. My contract started last June and I know a bunch of people around me who have started at weird times.

The NET at the high school beside me started in October and he's not returning after this year so there's definitely places available.