Read 782 times

• vmwitty
  • Newgookin

• March 27, 2014, 10:52:27 pm
    • Seoul
Anyone have problems with iphone bought in here in Korea?
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:08:03 pm »
Hello all,
Hopefully this is a new issue and if it's not, my apologies in advance for yet another dumb Iphone question.  So, I arrived over a week ago and tried to use my unlocked Iphone 4 for pre-paid phone and data service to no avail.  Since I wanted to upgrade my phone anyway, I decided to buy the Iphone 5s here (Electronics Mart at IPark Mall) so I won't have to run into any "lock" issues.  It has been quite the ordeal that took hours to partially solve.  Long story short I am able to use data but only on the 3G network, as this is what the phone model would allow here.  The store that I got the SIM card from (also at Electronics Mart, but not the same place where I bought the phone from) called the SIM company and they had to do some  re-configuration that literally took over 2 hrs.  After all that I am not able to use LTE, works fine with 3G.  I am waiting until I get my ARC and until KT's ban is lifted so I can be on a post paid plan and maybe they can fix what's wrong.  I was going to get it on contract thru KT but I couldn't wait until the end of the month to get a pone.
Any ideas on what the problem is?  I guess I had high expectations on the touted "high tech" Korea and just can't believe I'm running into this much problem, on a phone that was bought here.   Of course I was told it's the Iphone's problem and this wouldn't happen if I had gotten a Samsung phone?
Thanks for any insights. 

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Re: Anyone have problems with iphone bought in here in Korea?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:01:45 am »
There is something not right here, someone is not telling you the truth or sold you a phone that is not compatible with Korea. Anyway, sending you an email and perhaps I can help you.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!