Read 940 times

Radio Jam?
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:39:24 pm »
Alrighty~
So I bought a radio months ago and have been listening to it regularly.  It's my homesick/news remedy.  Up until recently (mid-winter break) it was working perfectly.  I move it about the room and at one point it stopped working.  I assumed device failure,  but when I brought it to work to use the device with my iPod over winter break,  it worked perfectly.  When I brought it back to my apartment,  it no longer worked. Upon reflection,  I did tend to turn it up so that I could hear it while doing laundry(for a few hours at a time).  I didn't think anything of it,  as I never hear anything through my own apartment walls (I assumed they cancelled some sounds).  I've not lived in an apartment (before Korea), so maybe I was wrong.   Where I'm from,  someone would have knocked on my door and asked me to turn the volume down.  Is it possible that my radio signal is being blocked?  If so,  is there any way around it?  If not,  is there a way to find out where the jamming is coming from so I can apologize and ask whoever is responsible to allow me access to the radio? Or is this all in my head...?   Could there be another reason for my radio not working in the apartment that I'm overlooking?  Thanks for any help!

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul
Re: Radio Jam?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »
Something is just interfering.  Could be many things.  Why not use internet radio?