Read 1985 times

• Artisis
  • Veteran

• August 21, 2013, 04:52:28 pm
    • South Korea
Looking for acne fighting agents in Korean.
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:53:53 pm »
So I am suffering from terrible acne and would like to fine products suitable for my skin type however I can't read Korean well enough to identify the active ingredients in facial cleansers. I would like to know some key words when looking at the back of beauty products so I can skim and figure out if the product will work quickly at the store.

If the following could be translated or advice given on looking for products for acne prone skin in Korean that would be lovely.

Active ingredient
Benzoyl Peroxide
Sulfur
Salicylic acid
Oily skin
Acne

• EL34
  • Expert Waygook

• September 28, 2013, 07:48:34 pm
Re: Looking for acne fighting agents in Korean.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:57:13 am »
See a dermatologist. Don't bother with over the counter stuff.

• anjuly
  • Waygookin

• January 02, 2014, 10:16:18 am
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 07:38:57 am »
Dermatologists will go a long long way. The amount you spend on drugstore acne products will exceed whatever the dermatologist may prescribe you. You have insurance in Korea; take advantage of it :)

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 05:48:51 am »
I've had pretty bad acne my whole life, and unfortunately I figured out what causes it pretty late. I wish someone told me quite simply: eat less oil. I guess if skin doctors told everyone that, they'd be out of money. So they don't! I've used Benzoyl Peroxide, Retin-A, antibiotics... All garbage! (Except for Retin-A, but it will nearly make your skin peel right off)

It doesn't matter what kind of oil it is. Olive oil, fish oil, they're all bad. Fish oil will cause break outs. (I was devious and ate 10 fish oil gels for fun once, and got tons of pimples)

The only fatty food that doesn't cause acne, apparently, is nuts. It's impossible to totally ignore fat in your diet, but I guarantee if you hugely decrease the amount of oil/fat and eat tons of almonds, all your acne, even current pimples, will dry up and go away within 5-7 days.

Your best bet is to eat as much plain rice/kimchi/nuts as possible, because rice has pretty much no fat in it. You can add a little bit of oil and meat, but the less you eat, the better. I think lean meats aren't so dangerous. Yea, it sucks, but it's a pretty much sure-fire way to destroying acne.

You're very welcome. You all can thank me one week later.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 09:43:18 am »
Olive Young and Watson's both carry Neutrogena face and body washes.  That has 2% salicylic acid.   That and drinking a lot of water should help.

• SpaceRook
  • Expert Waygook

• November 18, 2010, 11:54:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 10:01:23 am »
I've had pretty bad acne my whole life, and unfortunately I figured out what causes it pretty late. I wish someone told me quite simply: eat less oil. I guess if skin doctors told everyone that, they'd be out of money. So they don't! I've used Benzoyl Peroxide, Retin-A, antibiotics... All garbage! (Except for Retin-A, but it will nearly make your skin peel right off)

It doesn't matter what kind of oil it is. Olive oil, fish oil, they're all bad. Fish oil will cause break outs. (I was devious and ate 10 fish oil gels for fun once, and got tons of pimples)

The only fatty food that doesn't cause acne, apparently, is nuts. It's impossible to totally ignore fat in your diet, but I guarantee if you hugely decrease the amount of oil/fat and eat tons of almonds, all your acne, even current pimples, will dry up and go away within 5-7 days.

Your best bet is to eat as much plain rice/kimchi/nuts as possible, because rice has pretty much no fat in it. You can add a little bit of oil and meat, but the less you eat, the better. I think lean meats aren't so dangerous. Yea, it sucks, but it's a pretty much sure-fire way to destroying acne.

You're very welcome. You all can thank me one week later.

This really depends on the person.  For me, oil has no negative effect.  Milk and dairy, however, are pure evil for my skin.  I skip pizzas (cheese) and cafe lattes. 

To the OP: I STRONGLY recommend you have some family members from back home send you your favorite products.  Clearisil Maximum Strength cream (10% benzoyl peroxide) works best for me.  I've never found salicylic acid products to be that effective.