Read 2311 times

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Isn't this strange?
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:41:27 am »
I find it so strange in the buy, sell, trade section that a person advertises a product, you PM them, leave a message on the thread and email them and you never get a response.

I can understand if the item was advertised some time back but when it is current, then there is really no reason not to respond.

If it is sold, then just put that on the thread.

This has happened to me quite often, more than 5 times at least.

Weird.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• weirdgirlinkorea
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
Re: Isn't this strange?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:54:06 am »
Yes, weird but not surprising...lol :P
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• damof
  • Super Waygook

• April 29, 2012, 07:45:19 pm
    • Yongin
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »
Waygooks being inconsiderate? Hardly that odd, is it?

• doinmahbest
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2013, 10:45:58 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 12:04:11 pm »
Waiting for OP's response on a potentially sold item:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVDnNfC1HJw
Your only consistency should be unpredictability.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 12:04:44 pm »
i have posted in there, and never had anyone respond to me (on some posts) 

1) requested an item.
2) sold items.

i did sell some heaters back in the fall, and those had a good response...to bad you didnt want one, i could have replied to your email/pm/posts ;)
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 12:12:05 pm »
Maybe lot's of people have blocked you?

• doinmahbest
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2013, 10:45:58 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:13:38 pm »

LOL!
Your only consistency should be unpredictability.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 01:25:54 pm »

Yeah, that makes sense. They blocked me from emailing, replying and PM.  :undecided: :undecided:
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• orangeman
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 01, 2011, 09:56:35 am
    • Seoul-East Side
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 02:36:38 pm »
Oh man, one of my biggest frustrations.  When I was coming here I sold most of my household items and furniture on craigslist.  People would email again and again, I'd send more pics, we'd set up a time for them to come over and be ready and they wouldn't show.  If they did come, they'd start haggling on the price we already agreed on, or start trying to offer half the price for half the item (I don't need the dish in the microwave, so how about I give you 15 instead of 30!).  It was insane.  People are idiots. 

I haven't bought that much online on this site, but when I have it's been mostly good.  Except one time the girl who I talked to about buying things wasn't home and her boyfriend acted like it was news to him and wouldn't sell me the stuff at the agreed upon prices.  It was a hassle because I had not gotten similar things from someone else due to this deal and I had to take 2 buses just to get there.   As I looked up our emails on my phone he called her and she denied it, too, until I showed him the emails.  Then he wouldn't even open the door for me as I carried the stuff out.  People are idiots. 

I think it's important to remember that people are idiots. 

• weirdgirlinkorea
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »
Oh man, one of my biggest frustrations.  When I was coming here I sold most of my household items and furniture on craigslist.  People would email again and again, I'd send more pics, we'd set up a time for them to come over and be ready and they wouldn't show.  If they did come, they'd start haggling on the price we already agreed on, or start trying to offer half the price for half the item (I don't need the dish in the microwave, so how about I give you 15 instead of 30!).  It was insane.  People are idiots. 
This! OMG. I was leaving CO to come here last year and I was selling my car and that is where I got the weirdest people. One guy asked me to SHIP the car to him!?!  :huh: Another lady didn't have a valid license so she couldn't register the car and wanted me to sell it to her and keep it registered under me... :shocked:
I finally sold it to a college kid who drove it once and paid me cash that day and registered it that day, but it took a whole lot of weirdos to get that darn car sold.  And others who came for my little stuff did the haggling crap.

I haven't bought that much online on this site, but when I have it's been mostly good.  Except one time the girl who I talked to about buying things wasn't home and her boyfriend acted like it was news to him and wouldn't sell me the stuff at the agreed upon prices.  It was a hassle because I had not gotten similar things from someone else due to this deal and I had to take 2 buses just to get there.   As I looked up our emails on my phone he called her and she denied it, too, until I showed him the emails.  Then he wouldn't even open the door for me as I carried the stuff out.  People are idiots. 

I think it's important to remember that people are idiots.
+ 1. So true.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• 한소로
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 07:50:46 am
    more
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 03:10:26 pm »
One guy refused to clean his oven, said it was the buyers problem. It looked straight up gross.

Also, I bought a broken guitar. I wondered why the price was so low, but I figured they were just trying to get rid of it. It looked and seemed fine when I bought it, just thought it needed tuning and new strings...

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 03:12:39 pm »
Honestly, I haven't had a problem buying stuff from other Waygooks. I really don't want to go through the hassle of selling my own things though, so I'll probably just give them away.
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm