Read 3033 times

• specter13
  • Expert Waygook

• November 29, 2010, 10:00:26 pm
    • Seoul South Korea
PX90 while living in Korea.
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:48:38 pm »
Just curious has anybody done it while living in Korea. I think it would be a good alternative to going to the gym.

If you did do it, did you have any trouble finding the things you needed for it?

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
Re: PX90 while living in Korea.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:13:15 am »
Just curious has anybody done it while living in Korea. I think it would be a good alternative to going to the gym.

If you did do it, did you have any trouble finding the things you needed for it?

You can find everything on Gmarket (weights, pull-up bar, etc.).
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

• imcarl
  • Newgookin

• February 15, 2013, 03:49:20 am
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:27:25 am »
Are you already in Korea?  or if you don't, have you seen the apartment where you will be living?  I had counted on doing p90x before I left for korea, but my apartment was way way too small to do it.  I wouldn't plan on it unless you know your living situation. 

• Hot6^
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 14, 2014, 02:46:01 pm
    • Bucheon
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:57:53 am »
kettle bells
What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

• BTeacher
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2012, 07:21:01 am
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 12:00:25 pm »
I'm not that familiar with PX90, but isn't the equipment it uses pretty minimal?

I mean, I have some pushup handles & resistance bands...I think I got them at Emart.

As for pullup bars, they are everywhere in Korea. If not in dedicated fitness parks, then pretty much any public school is almost certain to have some.

• specter13
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul South Korea
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 04:03:08 pm »
My living space is bigger than most teachers places so I would have space to do it. Just a matter of getting the stuff and not making the people below me angry.

I think the hardest thing to do in my apartment would be pullups.

Has anybody done it while living in Korea?

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 12:25:19 am »
My living space is bigger than most teachers places so I would have space to do it. Just a matter of getting the stuff and not making the people below me angry.

I think the hardest thing to do in my apartment would be pullups.

Has anybody done it while living in Korea?

Did it while I was studying to save time traveling to and from the gym. As long you have the space and equipment, there's no reason why you won't be able to do it.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

• weRborg
  • Super Waygook

• September 20, 2012, 05:15:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 12:34:44 pm »
The hardest thing about P90X here is the pull up bars. Many Korean door frames don't have the "lip" needed to hook the bar properly.

Also, a lot more people start P90X than finish it. I only made it through one week. Now, I'm a fitness guy. But I just prefer going to them gym and running at the park. I have rituals and I feel I push myself harder in a room full of heavy weights. P90X just wasn't for me. The yoga bit was okay though.
$10 off orders of $40 or more
or $5 off order under $40: www.iherb.com coupon code: ADO919

For all your health/bath&beauty/supplement needs! Lowest prices, low shipping, and quality reviews.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 11:05:49 am »
I've done two round of insanity here in Korea. I would love to do a round of P90x but as said above^ the door frames in Korea won't take the pull up bar. 

I've nobody below me in my apartment block so I can jump around at will without the worry of my neighbours.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 12:29:44 pm »
The hardest thing about the P90X regimen is following the diet it recommends.  Not only do you have to follow it, you have to commit to the lifestyle and stick with it to really see the results.  It is really hard to do in Korea but it is possible.  Those who try can succeed.  Honestly, I suspect most people who complain about not getting results from this are failing in 1 of 2 ways:

1. you're half-assing the workouts and not doing them the way they should be done.
2. you're trying to follow the diet but you're cheating yourself with candy, sodas, etc. too often

People seem to not get the fact that just because you're doing P90X, it won't guarantee results unless you're 100% committed to it.  Another important thing to keep in mind is what results should be expected.  A lot of it really depends on how fat you are at the start of your journey.  Is your BMI through the roof or are you just slightly overweight?  If you're suggested weight is 180 lbs and you weigh 260, don't expect to get ripped after only 90 days of P90X.  Sure, you'll lose tons of weight but it would honestly take at least a year or more to really get ripped (assuming you could).

So, yea.  Diet and commitment are the most important factors.  Not just bsing your way through the workouts.

• specter13
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul South Korea
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 07:41:52 am »
The hardest thing about the P90X regimen is following the diet it recommends.  Not only do you have to follow it, you have to commit to the lifestyle and stick with it to really see the results.  It is really hard to do in Korea but it is possible.  Those who try can succeed.  Honestly, I suspect most people who complain about not getting results from this are failing in 1 of 2 ways:

1. you're half-assing the workouts and not doing them the way they should be done.
2. you're trying to follow the diet but you're cheating yourself with candy, sodas, etc. too often

People seem to not get the fact that just because you're doing P90X, it won't guarantee results unless you're 100% committed to it.  Another important thing to keep in mind is what results should be expected.  A lot of it really depends on how fat you are at the start of your journey.  Is your BMI through the roof or are you just slightly overweight?  If you're suggested weight is 180 lbs and you weigh 260, don't expect to get ripped after only 90 days of P90X.  Sure, you'll lose tons of weight but it would honestly take at least a year or more to really get ripped (assuming you could).

So, yea.  Diet and commitment are the most important factors.  Not just bsing your way through the workouts.

Yea for me my recommended weight actually is around 180 but I am about 200 right now. So I think this would help me lose those 20 pounds. Honestly I am not looking to get ripped, I just want to lose the weight so some of my clothes fit better again.