Read 1079 times

Legal requirements when moving to another city?
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »
I recently moved to a new job in a new city (same province). My new boss and I went to Immigration in my old city to apply for a change of visa location and an extension.  They then took my alien card and told me my new one would arrive at my new school within 2 weeks.

So I just received the new alien card today, but I'm wondering do I now have to report to some office in the new city to register , or would it have been taken care of when I was at the Immigration office in the old city?

Logically it should have been taken care of the first time, but this being Korea, and having this strange separation of Immigration offices in different cities, I'm not sure.

Thanks

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Legal requirements when moving to another city?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 02:23:26 pm »
I think the immigration office took care of it. Is your new address on the back of your ARC? It should be, so if it's not, in that case, you would need to go to a district office (구청) to update/register your new address, but the immigration office most likely already did that for you.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 05:46:34 pm »
Okay, thanks for the reply.

My new address is on the back, so I'm going to assume everything's okay.

• EL34
  • Expert Waygook

• September 28, 2013, 07:48:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 06:30:27 am »
Okay, thanks for the reply.

My new address is on the back, so I'm going to assume everything's okay.

It is. That's why they have the empty slots on the back of the card. It's cheaper than producing a new card every time someone moves (the Korean national ID card are updated in the same manner).

PS. Don't worry if the address on the back of your card becomes faded (it eventually does), and don't bother asking them to rewrite it for you.