Read 2510 times

• Alehanz
  • Waygookin

• December 02, 2013, 07:00:11 pm
    • Russian Federation
Nonghyup Bank money transfer
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:40:10 pm »
Hi everyone!

So I am currently having this situation: my family back home (Russia, but it shouldn't matter) wants to transfer me a large sum of money in USD to my Nonghyup bank account. And back when I was opening the account I remember the limit for monthly transactions was 2 mil won.

My question is: how do I go about getting the money here? It's $60,000. And not only do I need to receive them but i'll have to send them to another bank in the near future which will cause some troubles with the limits on my account as well, I'd imagine.

As for where the money come from, my mother sold her apartment in Russia and she has all the financial papers ready, etc. I guess I'll have to provide them, right?

I am on a F-3 visa here btw, so I don't have any income on my own. Will this be a problem?

Thank you very much.

• bird212
  • Super Waygook

• May 05, 2013, 01:25:37 am
    • United States
Re: Nonghyup Bank money transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:09:45 pm »
Not sure.  I'd try calling the interpreter line that NH bank has (used to be advertised on the webpage for foreign banking?) and explain the situation to them.
Get $10 off your first order at www.iherb.com with this code KRG363

• Alehanz
  • Waygookin

• December 02, 2013, 07:00:11 pm
    • Russian Federation
Re: Nonghyup Bank money transfer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »
Not sure.  I'd try calling the interpreter line that NH bank has (used to be advertised on the webpage for foreign banking?) and explain the situation to them.

Ah, thank you! Will do that tomorrow.