Read 1480 times

• Holder
  • Adventurer

• June 12, 2013, 08:34:46 pm
Getting my money from my KB Savings Account when I leave.
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »
Hi, I'm a bit lost when it comes dealing with banks so I was hoping one of you could help me. When I first got here last year, my co-teacher helped me set up a savings account with KB. The problem now is that when I leave next month I'll have no way of accessing any money that's later paid into the account. What's my best course of action? Can I set up online banking and transfer my money home that way? I'm from Ireland, if that's relevant.

Thanks.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: Getting my money from my KB Savings Account when I leave.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »
do you have online banking? you should be able to transfer funds that way.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• Holder
  • Adventurer

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »
No, I don't. I have a savings account rather than a checking account; will I be able to set up online banking with that account or will I need to upgrade/change accounts?

I've also heard that people have problems with KB's online banking. I will try get it set up regardless. I just want to get all my facts straight before I try to do so; I'll have to take time off school to go get it done.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22:56 pm »
I have closed saving accounts plenty of times. For some reason I like to use them as a "out of sight, out of mind" approach. Anyhow, that is irrelevant. I can tell you for sure that you can close it any time that you please. You go to the bank, sign a few papers, they give you all of the money that you put into it (cash or in your bank account here - from there you  can do as you please), done. There is one catch... You are not able to collect any interest on the money that you saved. You will only be allowed to get exactly what you have put in. You may not want to do as I have suggested but, the option is there nonetheless. Good luck!

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »
Hey, I'm also from Ireland and previously banked with KB. I'd recommend getting a check card with the 'plus' symbol on the back. Tell them that you're going on vacation and want to access your cash. No need to close the account or anything. You'll be charged for the ATM withdrawal at home, just make sure to withdraw the largest amounts allowed. I was home over new years and used my card at the Bank of Ireland and AIB without any problems.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 02:32:58 pm »
Call them.

Domestic ☏1599-4477

☏ 82-2-6300-9999

• Holder
  • Adventurer

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 02:59:42 pm »
I was searching around a bit there to see what my best option is. I was reading about the KEB Easyone account that automatically transfers money to your home country account whenever money is deposited. I thought maybe I'd sort out online banking for my KB account and then open an Easyone account with KEB; I could then transfer money from one to the other which would automatically transfer it home. Would this work out? The closest KEB bank is over an hour away so I want to be certain.