Read 3602 times

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 08:44:40 am
    • south korea
Need to Find a Moving Company
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:14:59 am »
Good afternoon waygooks^^

I'm going to be moving for the first time in 5 years (public school to public school). Many people have said moving is pretty easily done, so I'm here to ask if anybody can recommend a company and has their Contact Info?

I don't have much to move (honestly, just clothes and kitchen appliances..no real furniture) but my move will be about an hour's drive. These are all the details I can think of at the moment...anybody care to speculate what i would be looking at spending??

Appreciate any input -- have a good one
too many blueprints & not enough architects

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: Need to Find a Moving Company
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:37:22 pm »
where are you located, and where are you moving to? might be useful to get some background information :-)
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:39:41 pm »
If you are a single teacher, what you probably will settle for is a truck with a driver.  Moving companies cost pretty big money... as in 500,000 won and up.  I think we paid 1.5 to 2 million to move all of our stuff into the villa we bought.  A truck driver will cost you under 100k, most likely.

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• south korea
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »
where are you located, and where are you moving to? might be useful to get some background information :-)

you're right...my mistake.

moving from byeongjeom to balahn. I imagine I will only need a truck and a driver, but am just looking for decent price and a company that can speak English.

thanks guys

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• south korea
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 01:25:45 pm »
If you are a single teacher, what you probably will settle for is a truck with a driver.  Moving companies cost pretty big money... as in 500,000 won and up.  I think we paid 1.5 to 2 million to move all of our stuff into the villa we bought.  A truck driver will cost you under 100k, most likely.

that would be aces - are there any companies you know of that are reliable or have any contact info for?

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 01:42:28 pm »
http://seoul.angloinfo.com/af/316/seoul-moving-companies-and-storage.html

I used Dexter to move a very short distance in a suburb of Seoul. He speaks English really well and it only cost 50,000 won. For that price the driver doesn't help move, but mine did. I had a ton of stuff so I gave the driver an extra 10,000 for helping.

• furtakk
  • Veteran

• November 03, 2011, 08:42:26 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 01:48:40 pm »
The cheapest movers, the one's who use bongo trucks, are called 용달이사. On naver search 'your area' + 용달이사 and you should get a lot of hits. Finding one who speaks English in your area will be tricky though. If you don't speak Korean well enough, have a Korean friend sort it out for you. It's a 5 minute phone call.

Prices vary on distance and whether or not they help or not, but unless you find a really good deal, they generally start at 50k. I recently moved from Itaewon to Yeongdungpo and paid 80k, but the driver helped a lot.

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:19 pm »
If you’ve run out of options, try Optimoving

They are based out in Ilsan, Goyang-si. Not only do they transport all of your furniture and appliances, but you can also store all your stuff with them (if you’re going back home and coming back to korea again).

The guy in charge in mr. Steve Jung. He is English literate, but you’ll have to arrange via email as to where you are and where you need your stuff to be delivered. Also, you’ll have to give him an indication as to how many appliances / furniture you want to move as well as the dimensions (more or less) of your stuff. They warp all your fragile appliances in a sort of styrofoam plastic cover to keep it from being damaged or scratched.

Here’s their details if you require further info:

Manager, Steve JUNG

OPTIMOVING WorldWide KOREA
A Member of IAM (International Association of Movers)
A Member of WorldWide ERC
Mob: 010.5509.7678/ ++82.10.5509.7678
Tel: 0505.719.2020/++82.505.719.2020
Fax:0505.823.2020/++82.505.823.2020
Email: steve.jung@optimoving.com
Sister Company of DKS Transportation Co.,LTD.

• kiwigirl
  • Veteran

• May 22, 2011, 02:16:38 am
    • Ilsan, South Korea
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 12:38:27 am »
http://moveinkorea.com/

I used this one moving from Suwon to Ilsan, setting it up the contact speaks English so it was all very easy. I packed it all up and the driver took it down and packed the truck and on the other side moved it all up to my new apartment. He did not speak English but it was all pretty straight forward and he was very nice. It was a good price, I think it was about 170,000 won which was pretty good being that it was quite far and he did all the heavy lifting.

I did not have a lot of stuff, just one room - mainly boxes and one sofa.

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• south korea
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:00:42 am »
http://moveinkorea.com/

I used this one moving from Suwon to Ilsan, setting it up the contact speaks English so it was all very easy. I packed it all up and the driver took it down and packed the truck and on the other side moved it all up to my new apartment. He did not speak English but it was all pretty straight forward and he was very nice. It was a good price, I think it was about 170,000 won which was pretty good being that it was quite far and he did all the heavy lifting.

I did not have a lot of stuff, just one room - mainly boxes and one sofa.

this sounds perfect for my situation. thanks for the tip comrade