Read 3273 times

• karenology
  • Veteran

• October 03, 2010, 06:00:08 pm
    • South Korea
Lesson 8: Boomerang on Us!
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:45 am »
Here's what I have for Grade 3, Lesson 8: "Boomerang on Us."  (which is a phrase I've never heard spoken naturally in my life; have you?) 

I am also showing them the BBC Planet Earth "Jungles" episode (from 4:44 onwards), and having them complete the accompanying worksheet.   You can easily skip this if you don't have access to that episode!

Also, there are some Earth Day themed lessons floating around this website that might work out well for this lesson.

Chapter 8 Grade 3 "Boomerang on Us"

Duchess Rachel made a fantastic powerpoint and worksheet on the environment. I am using it for the chapter "Boomerang On Us"

Here it is for you that missed it. All credit to "Duchessrachel"

edited to change the chapter number :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:41:34 am by summerthyme »

• Seoulian
  • Veteran

• September 13, 2010, 08:09:40 am
    • Seoul
Hi,

For gr 3 chapter 8 I'm using some of these resources:

A story about CO2

http://www.wmnet.org.uk/wmnet/custom/files_uploaded/uploaded_resources/1658/ColinCO2.swf

The quickest global warming slide show

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=kids.kids_index

A youtube animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s9dxc_jVlY&feature=related

HTH

BTW, 'boomerang on us'?  ::)

Sounds like it could be on urbandictionary.com . I swear to god, this textbook was written by randomly selecting words from a hat. 

Lesson 8: Boomerang on Us!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:52:39 pm »
Please post your lesson plans and materials for Middle School English 3 by 장영희Lesson 8: Boomerang on Us! in reply to this thread.

Re: Lesson 8: Boomerang on Us!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:20:51 pm »
Here is my basic PPT for this lesson. As the week goes on I usually adapt it by simplifying it for lower levels. The Balderdash game is quite advanced, and you'll need to proofread their answers on the spot to make them convincing when you read them out.

I practised playing this game with my CT with the lowest English level and she loved it. The C level students enjoyed it (asking for one more round even when the bell had already rung). You must emphasise that the object of the game is to try to guess which meaning THE TEACHER said, not to vote for their own. Higher level students can bring in some strategy by voting for themselves with a justification that tricks others into voting for them, thereby winning them points, but it's a risk. If everyone votes for themselves, no one gets points except the teacher.

Hopefully it goes over well in the class. The lower levels students definitely need more vocabulary preparation before all the information overloading about global warming.

This PPT covers the listening part, listening activities and communication spotlight.

Edit: Removed the sexy awkward Emma Watson picture
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:28:05 pm by salambander »

Re: Lesson 8: Boomerang on Us!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:52:10 am »
lesson 8 kakao game