Read 1570 times

D10 and residence requirement
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:46:07 pm »
Has anyone tried using a hostel as proof? I'm wondering if I can use the slip showing only the down payment (like 10%) from like hostelworld or something as proof of residence.

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
Re: D10 and residence requirement
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:34:59 pm »
I give half chance that will work for address.    I would checkout Goshiwons instead.  If possible a friends couch.  But you need proof!

Please do tell me how this goes for you.   The address is a really catch 22 with the D-10.  Add in the new regulations from immigration and I see more troubles in the future.
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

• sass
  • Veteran

• August 19, 2009, 01:57:00 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:38:33 pm »
What kind of proof is required?

• busandar
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2013, 11:41:05 am
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:48:36 pm »
The last I heard immigration wants to see a recent bill addressed to you or a lease agreement - something "official" like that.

Also, last week I had a friend get charged 300,000 for not reporting his new address within 15 days. There's no way for them to know unless you tell them so don't fall into that expensive trap.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 03:37:11 pm »
If you don't have a lease (because it's in your school's name or you live in a dormitory or with a relative) you can show immigration the housing lease plus an additional document that is basically the person, who is on the lease, saying that you do live there.

The korean name for that is 거주/숙소제공 확인서. Not sure if it's available on the immigration website (i got mine directly from SMOE) but you could ring and ask using that form's name
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 12:15:28 am »
If you don't have a lease (because it's in your school's name or you live in a dormitory or with a relative) you can show immigration the housing lease plus an additional document that is basically the person, who is on the lease, saying that you do live there.

The korean name for that is 거주/숙소제공 확인서. Not sure if it's available on the immigration website (i got mine directly from SMOE) but you could ring and ask using that form's name

It is on site but the Korean side amongst the forms.

Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.