Read 6299 times

Re: Korean Workers Show Lowest Productivity in OECD, despite Long Overtime
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 01:13:15 pm »
So apparently no one got the memo about the other thread? Take a chill pill. Sarcasm not even once.

Waygook is very anti-literary device. Sarcasm is always risky online but hyperbole is also often a huge stretch on this site as well. I've never even bothered attempting a metaphor and instead opt for the much safer simile route at all times.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 01:59:14 pm »
Productivity is measured in work unit per hour. I would be surprised if they were able to work longer hours AND to be more productive. They would totally obliterate everyone else.

+1 you beat me to it.

I think I am missing your point. What are you saying? That they can't possibly work so long and be productive. Or that if they were more productive and worked the same hours they would be tops?

That if Korea had high productivity per hour for the long hours that some Koreans work, would result in extremely high total productivity in the country.  But that is not the case.

I'm not saying that Koreans are lazy, just need to work more hours to achieve the same productivity as other countries.  Some countries like Germany and Singapore have crazy high productivity rates per hour worked.  It is a matter of efficiency.
I'd rather spend 1000 winters in Korea than have to deal through one more summer.
~Unknown waygook.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 11:03:17 am »
Productivity is measured in work unit per hour. I would be surprised if they were able to work longer hours AND to be more productive. They would totally obliterate everyone else.

Anyone who's spent any time here knows how much sleeping and coffee time goes on at work here...low productivity shouldn't be a surprise.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 02, 2011, 11:23:30 pm
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 11:15:53 am »
Most of my co-teachers seemed to spend much of their time shopping for soft furnishings and shoes at work. But then again, those ladies didn't whine at me about being busy all the time so I am guessing they had a pretty light workload.

One co-teacher complained she was busy all the time but she was a right piece of work and frankly I think she just did it show off and make herself feel important. She was a pretty awful, arrogant person who at the same time appeared utterly insecure.

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »
The problem is you seem to be a better employee if you spend 20 hours to do a task that takes someone with competence 5 hours. Taking longer to do something = perceived as working harder.
Promotions and salary increases are awarded to people based on time worked, not actual work it is the ideal of fairness. This and widespread nepotism are the reason efficiency is low here.