Read 784 times

• ManceRayder
  • Veteran

• April 18, 2013, 02:46:31 am
    • Seoul satellite city
    more
New hagwon, old contract?
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:32:09 am »
I havenít seen this kind of situation covered before. Any advice is appreciated.

My hagwon is closing down ĺ thru my contract. The owner has already been working with the owner of another hagwon for a transfer. Iíve got my LOR. Iíve been in communication with the staff at the new place. But Iím still feeling unsure about some details of the transfer process.

My current hagwon owner has assured me that I will complete the remaining 3 months of my contract with the new hagwon. Is this possible? Should I have the new hagwon owner sign off on my contract? Will the Immigration office accept the old contract with the E2 transfer? My current hagwon owner has said the new hagwon will pay my severance. I havenít discussed this with the new place, but should I get that in writing?

• oskinny1
  • Expert Waygook

• November 01, 2010, 10:31:37 am
    • Busan
Re: New hagwon, old contract?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:35:26 am »
Get everything in writing and have it signed and stamped (they have their own name stamps, little round things) by the new and old owners.

Have everything spelled out exactly as it should be, nothing vague. You also want dates in there, when you will transfer to the new school, when the contract is finished and what you will be owed.

Do not accept anything less.