Read 1323 times

• scholes
  • Expert Waygook

• May 12, 2011, 10:01:50 pm
    • Beomgye
How to send electronics overseas
« on: February 24, 2014, 01:43:52 pm »
Hi guys,

So I bought my brother a tablet for his wedding gift went to the post office to send it but was told I cannot send it because of the battery.
Has anyone else had this trouble? Also is there another way I can send it to South Africa cheaply and fast?

• apetranoff
  • Adventurer

• August 22, 2013, 08:43:37 pm
    • Yeongwol, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Re: How to send electronics overseas
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:05:04 pm »
I think cheap and fast might not be possible, but you might try asking to send it EMS Premium at the post office.  It's more expensive, but I didn't have any trouble sending a laptop to the US that way.  There might be different regulations for South Africa though, but you can see what you can find on the Korea Post website:  http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1020100

Otherwise, the international carriers are the best options: DHL, FedEx, or UPS, but all of those will be pretty expensive and they may have an electronics battery surcharge. Hope that helps!

• scholes
  • Expert Waygook

• May 12, 2011, 10:01:50 pm
    • Beomgye
Re: How to send electronics overseas
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:39:48 am »
Thank you for your response. I hope it works because I went to the post office and they said anything with a lithium battery can't be sent. I will try again, this time with more knowledge of their product range.

Thank you.