Read 1575 times

Do I need to call a city pick up service? I would just chuck it in the trash area but I've seen my security guard blow up on people for this. I could do it at night, but would rather not have to sneak around to do this. The people (all english teachers) I've asked said just put it out.
"Keep 'em comin', sweets, I got a long drive. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?"

Ernie McCracken

• terivinix
  • Expert Waygook

• October 19, 2011, 02:20:32 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Procedure for throwing out couch and other big items at officetel?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:57:05 am »
Do I need to call a city pick up service? I would just chuck it in the trash area but I've seen my security guard blow up on people for this. I could do it at night, but would rather not have to sneak around to do this. The people (all english teachers) I've asked said just put it out.

You need to buy a permit of some kind from somewhere. Do you have a landlord or someone at your work you can ask? I'm about to go through the same thing, and I'm basically letting my landlord handle it.

• Hongsam
  • Super Waygook

• August 17, 2011, 12:24:57 pm
    • Ansan
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:20:24 am »
You need to buy a sticker. Think it was W3000. I bought one from a convenience store close to my officetel. You'll have to figure out where to buy it from. Buy the sticker, put it on whatever you're throwing out. The place to put it at my officetel was the same place as where you put your rubbish bags and recycling. Probably the same at yours.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:30:11 am »
if you call your local dong office they should be able to tell you where to get one. you can actually get them from the dong office itself AFAIK.

on a related note, does anyone know what these stickers are called in Korean? i have some stuff i need to throw out myself.

• sleepy
  • Veteran

• April 02, 2013, 03:05:44 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:31:41 am »
You can get the stickers at your local Gu office, or if you live in an apartment complex the main office may sell them.

The cost of the sticker varies by the type and size of thing that you throw away, so you need to explain to the person what you wish to throw away.

I threw away a medium sized elec piano and it was under 10,000 I think.

I put the piano out before I bought the sticker (in the hope that some hobo would take it) - I told the guard that if it hadn't 'vanished' within a day or so I'd buy a sticker.

No one took it.  >:(

Ask a co-teacher to see if the local gu office has an online service where you can buy and print out your own paper..... Some do now....

• Hongsam
  • Super Waygook

• August 17, 2011, 12:24:57 pm
    • Ansan
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:00:11 pm »
if you call your local dong office they should be able to tell you where to get one. you can actually get them from the dong office itself AFAIK.

on a related note, does anyone know what these stickers are called in Korean? i have some stuff i need to throw out myself.

maybe 재활용 가구 스티커?

Just started a discussion between my  co-teachers! haha. none of them know!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:02:16 pm by Hongsam »

• furtakk
  • Veteran

• November 03, 2011, 08:42:26 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 12:29:35 pm »
Talk to someone in the 경비실, they should have the stickers there. If not, you can probably pay them a small fee.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:36:34 pm »

maybe 재활용 가구 스티커?

Just started a discussion between my  co-teachers! haha. none of them know!

쓰레기 가구 스티커 maybe?

maybe i'll just go to the local office here and say both to them, one's gotta be right haha. failing that there's always the translation hotline  8)