Read 920 times

• Anbairui
  • Waygookin

• December 18, 2013, 02:05:02 pm
    • Daejeon, Korea
Should I stay with my recruiter??
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:53 pm »
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's the closest I could think.

For months, I've been planning on applying to GEPIK through a recruiter.  Recently, I have been considering EPIK as well, mostly to expand my options if there are positions available in larger cities.  I understand GEPIK is very limited, and mostly is placing rural positions due to budget cuts.  I am hoping to find a position starting this fall.

I just had my initial interview with my recruiter, who informed me that I would be able to begin applying to EPIK through them starting in April.  After looking up some information, I learned that EPIK applications are already open, and April is when applications through recruiters begins.  Additionally, applications directly through EPIK are preferred because there is no additional fee to the recruiter, making direct applications more attractive.  Because of this, I am wondering if I should drop my recruiter.

I know applications are open right now, but I am not ready.  I just submitted my background check request nearly two weeks ago, and I understand that can take up to two months, and then another several weeks for the apostille.  Additionally, I do not yet have the letters of recommendation, having just made the request.  If I need these right away, it will be another several weeks before I can even begin a direct EPIK application.  I have also heard that duplicate EPIK applications will cause someone to be immediately rejected.  I have not submitted anything to my recruiter other than some basic information and an interest in applying to EPIK and GEPIK.

So, should I stay with my recruiter, or should I drop them and apply directly?