Read 1506 times

• hulme187
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2012, 12:54:02 pm
    • Cheongju, Chungbuk, Korea
Apartment issue if anyone can help
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:13:17 pm »
My contract is up on the 25th of this month and believe I have to leave my current apt as my replacement should be arriving on that day. I have been conversing with the teacher at my new school and she states I wouldn't be able to move in the new apt until the 27th due to a mould. My question is who is responsible for me being homeless for 2 days and if I had to get a hotel would I have to pay?

Re: Apartment issue if anyone can help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:15:12 pm »
When does your contract actually start with the new school?

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
I think it depends on the start date of the new contract. If your old contract is finished on the 25th, then your old school doesn't have any obligation to you after that date. If your new contract doesn't start until the 27th, then they don't have any obligation to you before that date. If that is the case, then the obligation to pay for a hotel is yours.
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 03:17:37 pm »
I really don't get why Koreans are so weird and inflexible about moving into and out of an apartment. It's not like they'll have someone moving in 5 seconds after you move out. Bballi bballi.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 03:18:08 pm »
What are the contract dates?  Does your new contract start on the 25th?  Or the 27th? 

If it starts on the 25th so then your new school would be responsible for providing you housing before your apartment is ready. 

If it doesn't start until the 27th then you would be responsible for finding and paying for housing between contracts. 

• 한소로
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 07:50:46 am
    more
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »
My contract is up on the 25th of this month and believe I have to leave my current apt as my replacement should be arriving on that day. I have been conversing with the teacher at my new school and she states I wouldn't be able to move in the new apt until the 27th due to a mould. My question is who is responsible for me being homeless for 2 days and if I had to get a hotel would I have to pay?

Ughhh... good luck

let's hope they are actually doing something rather than just re-wallpapering it...

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 05:51:13 pm »
you need to check the dates on the contract. your new contract should start on 26 Feb, if this is public school. that means that you would be responsible for providing accommodation for yourself for one night - the night of 25th Feb - but after that the new school has to pay for your accommodation.

it's actually a bit strange that the new teacher is arriving on Feb 25, as they should only be moving in there on the 26th, when their contract starts. so maybe you could convince your current school to pay for accommodation for you for the night of the 25th as you should technically have until midnight on the 25th to move out. 

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 07:00:43 pm »
In Daegu, at least, EPIK teachers have until the morning after their contract ends to move out. Check with your EPIK coordinators; you might have an extra night in your place.

As for anything outside of your contract dates, you're out of luck. Actually, I'm in the same predicament, and I just have to move all my stuff somewhere (I'm subletting someone's apartment for a few nights) and then move it again when my new contract starts. Sucks, but that's just how it works out sometimes.