Read 1441 times

• tschultz10
  • Adventurer

• March 04, 2013, 08:29:25 am
    • Busan, South Korea
Epik flight reimbursement
« on: February 03, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »
After some searching on this site along with glancing at my contract I have been unable to find out when EPIK is going to/supposed give us our flight home reimbursement (I'm in Busan). I'm done at the end of the month and would like to buy my ticket as soon as possible. Anybody know? Will the extra cash be given to me in my Feb paycheck?

Re: Epik flight reimbursement
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »
I was told that the flight reimbursement will be included in our last paycheck. I'm in Daejeon though. It might work differently in Busan.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
Re: Epik flight reimbursement
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:37:55 pm »
Ok.
here is what i remember, from my first year in Korea (before i took a break and went home for a year, then returned).

*i completed a contract with GEPIK

I talked to my school about how the flight would work. they told me to buy the ticket, and give them the receipt. after i gave them the receipt, they gave me the ticket money into my bank account.

note the differences please:
1) this was a GEPIK contract
2) EPIK is reimbursed 1,300,000...regardless of the ticket price. Article 11 Number 3.
"If the Employee successfully completes his/her duties set forth in this Contract for the full term of Employment specified herein, the Employee shall be entitled to an Exit allowance of 1,300,000krw."

**Suggestion: Know your rights. Know what is in the Contract, and talk to your schools OFFICE ADMINISTRATION. the ones who actually pay you. Run it by your co-teacher first, but ultimately, its the OFFICE ADMIN who will tell you when they will pay you.
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.