Read 4727 times

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Changing address and ARC
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:29:10 am »
Just a quick one, if you change your address, do you have to get a new ARC? I called 1345 and they said no, just come in with the required documents and they make a note on the back of your ARC.

I am questioning this because sometimes what they tell you on 1345 and what actually happens is two different things.

Thanks.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 am
    • Korea
Re: Changing address and ARC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:47:40 am »
I changed my ARC address at the local 구청 and they just hand wrote it on the back with a small marker.

I think technically you're supposed to get a new card if you change your address more than once, but the last time they just wiped off the old handwritten address and re-wrote it again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:51:03 am by jinteh »

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:45 am »
I changed my ARC address at the local 구청 and they just hand wrote it on the back with a small marker.

I think technically you're supposed to get a new card if you change your address more than once, but the last time they just wiped off the old handwritten address and re-wrote it again.

Thanks, is the  구청 the local Gu Office?

• acousticr
  • Expert Waygook

• January 24, 2013, 11:42:50 am
    • Gyeonggi
    more
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:59:38 am »
Any idea if I can do this at the City Hall? My apartment manager re-numbered the whole building this fall, and I didn't even think about fixing it on the ARC.
$10 off your first order at iHerb.com with this code: BPC852

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• Korea
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:08:40 pm »
>confusedsafferinkor ea
Yes, the local Gu Office. You might need to bring your apartment contract as proof. Depends who you get at the counter.

>acousticr
As far as I  know address changes can be done at immigration or the local Gu Office. Haven't heard anything about city hall doing it.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »
Thanks, did you have to fill in all the forms that one does at immi? They told me on 1345 that I need the new contract, proof of residence form, ARC and my passport and there is no charge. Is that correct?

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• Korea
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:21 pm »
Thanks, did you have to fill in all the forms that one does at immi? They told me on 1345 that I need the new contract, proof of residence form, ARC and my passport and there is no charge. Is that correct?

When I went, I brought everything to be safe (ARC, passport, apartment contract, work contract, post office change of address receipt). At the time I think they only checked my ARC and passport, though I would bring everything just in case. Sometimes they want to see everything, sometimes they wonder why you brought so many papers. I only remember filling out one form to update my address. Not sure if it was the same as immigration's.

• sgreen
  • Adventurer

• October 28, 2010, 02:32:12 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:35:43 pm »
I changed my address on the hikorea website.  I couldn't get the application to work on the English site, but if you can work through the Korean side, it should work.  You can check the status of the application on the English version.  I know it went through because immigration had it on file a couple months later when I renewed my ARC..they didn't even write the new address on the back, just the extended date.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »
Thanks all. Much appreciated.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »
Did it at my Gu Office and no sweat, they took the papers and wrote the new address on the back. Thanks all.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 11:14:18 pm »

>acousticr
As far as I  know address changes can be done at immigration or the local Gu Office. Haven't heard anything about city hall doing it.

Not all cities are divided into gu.  If your city is not divided into gu, you do it at the city hall.  Likewise, if you live in a gun, you should be able to do it at the gun office.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 11:33:02 am »
Went to my local Gu Office today (Seo-Gu, Incheon), no problem changing address and unlike Immigration there was no queue. You can only go to the Gu Office if there is space on the card for the new address. Otherwise you'll need a new card and therefore a visit to Immigration is required.

Car registry can also be changed at the Gu Office.

But Driving Licenses can't. For that you need to go to a Large Police Station or DMV.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 12:03:21 pm »
Just a quick one, if you change your address, do you have to get a new ARC? I called 1345 and they said no, just come in with the required documents and they make a note on the back of your ARC.

I am questioning this because sometimes what they tell you on 1345 and what actually happens is two different things.

Thanks.
when i moved to my current location, my alien card didnt have any address on the back. so my co-teacher sent me to an office, with a letter (in Korean) explaining what i needed done. after being handed over to some different workers, one eventually wrote down my address on the back of the card, put some tape over it, and handed the card back to me.
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.