Read 903 times

  • bmoney
  • Waygookin

    • 22

    • November 17, 2010, 08:26:22 am
    • Incheon, SK
Getting a new
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:38:51 am »
Hi all
I just finished teaching my 3rd year at a public school in Korea.  I left to travel for about 2 months.  My korean visa expired.  I will be heading back to Korea in about a week to look for a different teaching job. 

Question, as an american, do I need a new FBI background check?  I had a new one for my 3rd year (2013) but im worried that i will need to provide another new one...

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated


  • iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

    • 1938

    • November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
Re: Getting a new
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:26:10 am »
unless your new job is already lined up, signed, etc. i would say, with about 85-95% surety, that you need a whole new set.

HOWEVER, the Immigration Office MAY say you are fine, since they DO keep records of all of us. (but the Office of Education will want new docs, since you left)

BUT to be 100% sure, you should talk to a recruiter.
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

  • skippy
  • Expert Waygook

    • 873

    • January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
Re: Getting a new
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:30:07 pm »
New visa usually means new paperwork. Even if immigration says they have on file they will want the docs.
Also to note the CRC expires after six months of issue.  Plus if you have left the country for more than 90 days a new CRC can be asked for.
You should have got a D10 Visa.
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.