Read 921 times

Getting copies of old contracts or proof of employment
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:58:19 am »
I'm applying for a job in the states and they need some type of proof of employment, preferably a copy of the contract. I sent an email to the main EPIK website, but I was told that I need to contact the local offices of education directly (Gangwon & Gyeongsam). Upon checking their websites, I couldn't find email addresses at either one.

Does anybody know the best way to go forward? The sticky suggested contacting the coordinator, but I couldn't find contact information for either province.

Thanks in advance!

• Koreak
  • Super Waygook

• November 13, 2010, 08:15:43 am
    • South Korea
Re: Getting copies of old contracts or proof of employment
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:15:48 am »
You'll probably have to rock up at one of the locations in person.  They'll direct you to some official and then they will print off a sheet that will show where you worked.

Or you could find the phone number, naver maps are helpful if you know the name of the place in Korean.  Once you search for the office, a little window will show up with the number.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:37 am »
Unfortunately, I'm in currently in the states and Naver didn't pull up any emails. Any alternative ideas?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:34:35 am by memyselfandhai »

• Koreak
  • Super Waygook

• November 13, 2010, 08:15:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 10:40:21 am »
Did you find the numbers?  You could try calling them, and have them email the paper if possible.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:41:22 am »
Yea, I was hoping it wouldn't come to a phone call, but I guess there's no other way. Thanks for the help!