Read 7744 times

• Freeto
  • Expert Waygook

• September 10, 2010, 01:24:42 pm
    • Seoul
So I got turned away for my ARC renewal because I didn't have a 거주/숙소제공 확인서 (confirmation of residence certificate). Supposedly this has been required since October 2013. You'd think my contracting organization would include this in the list of documents required for renewal but there's no mention of it.

Get yours before you go to the immigration office!
Save $5 on your first iHerb order under $40 by using coupon code VIS416, or save $10 if your first iHerb order is over $40!

Good for over 30,000 products including nutritional supplements, beauty items food and other health products. Cheap and fast shipping worldwide.

Re: New document required for ARC renewal - 거주/숙소제공 확인서
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:03:19 pm »
Does that apply to everyone renewing an E-2?
Does it matter if you work for a public school, howgon, or university?
Does it matter if you're living in accomodation provided by the school or you've got your own place?
How does one go about getting that document? (through the school or landlord).

p.s. I'm not asking you directly, i'm just posing the questions for people who might know about this already.

As another poster said recently, it can be the luck of the draw when it comes to immigration. One officer might decide to let such matters pass.

• Freeto
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 03:04:10 pm »
Also, the renewal form available at hikorea.go.kr has been updated. I had to fill out the newer form.
Save $5 on your first iHerb order under $40 by using coupon code VIS416, or save $10 if your first iHerb order is over $40!

Good for over 30,000 products including nutritional supplements, beauty items food and other health products. Cheap and fast shipping worldwide.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 03:07:18 pm »
Thanks, here's the link

http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/DownLoadTemplPopupR_kr.pt

It's on the right hand column, the 7th one down.

Red tape!!!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 03:12:48 pm »
Thanks, here's the link

Red tape!!!

Ok, so it is all in Korean, who fills it in?
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »
Just found this on the ETIS website:

Please note that visa applicants described in the following paragraphs below must submit proof of residency when applying to extend their visas and change their sojourn status as the Ministry of Justice has made the requirement compulsory in order to improve accuracy and effectiveness of places of residence of all aliens staying in the Republic of Korea.

1. You must submit proof of residency if you want to extend the following visas:

- D-1(Cultural Arts) ~ E-7(Special Occupation), E-9(Non-Professional Employment) ~ F-2(Residential), F-4(Overseas Koreans), F-6(Spouse of a Korean National), G-1(Miscellaneous), and H-2(Working Visit visa)

※ F-3(Dependent Family) and H-1(Working Holiday) visa holders are not included.

2. You must submit proof of residency if you

- would like to change your sojourn status to F-5 permanent resident

3. Acceptable documents for proof of residency

- Lease contract, confirmation of provided residence, a mail giving the notice of the expiry date of your period of sojourn, a utility bill payment for any public services, receipt of university housing fee and others.

4. Effective Date : 2013. 10. 10. (yyyy. mm. dd.)

Hello SMOE Teachers,

As most of you know, you will need to prove your residence address in Korea to renew your visa or if you change your work place. You can give your Housing contract or Utility bill.

Since most of our teachers are given housing by the school, the housing contract is under your school’s name.

I have attached a form called “거주/숙소제공 확인서” which means proof of residence. If you are transferring schools, please ask your NEW school to fill this form out and you will need this to proof that you reside in the schools housing even though the housing is under your schools name. This is an option for teachers who are transferring schools. You will need to provide a copy of the housing contract along with the 거주/숙소제공확인서 form.

Since you are required to report a change of address within 14 days, your Utility bill could take a month long to get. Since this is a problem, those who are transferring schools and housing should go ahead and download the 거주/숙소제공 확인서 form and fill it out to turn into immigration with a copy of your school's housing contract.

If you have your own housing, since your name is on the lease, you can just give immigration a copy of the lease for renewing your visa.

If you are just renewing your visa with the same school and housing, you can provide a recent Utility bill or you can bring a copy of your school's housing contract and the 거주/숙소제공확인서 form.

Thank you for your time.

It doesn't mention E2 but the letter from SMOE seems to indicate that it applies to E2 Visa holders.

If anyone can clear this up, please post it here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:37:47 pm by confusedsafferinkorea »

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 03:47:47 pm »
First confusedsafferinkor ea.  Did you notice the tilde which is being used as a dash.

D-1(Cultural Arts) ~ E-7(Special Occupation)
That means for all visas from D-1 to E-7.  So E-2 is included.

Second this info was posted on the HiKorea website in the news and notice section.
It is a good idea to check that out once a month.   Less surprises.

This new regulation caused me a bit of trouble when I renewed with my hagwon.   I had known about the change before hand.  I brought some bills in, but the official did not accept them.   Maybe because they where just Internet and bank bills.   I had to go back for a second trip.   My recommendation is fill in the form and submit lease copy.   The process will go easier.   My boss filled in the form I was given and gave me a copy of the lease.   On the second visit I was renewed.
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:50:56 pm »
Thanks Skippy.

Guess I didn't read it too well.   ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 05:09:11 pm »
Besides that, what are the other documents needed for a visa extension?

• Freeto
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:31 pm »

ARC
Passport
Your new employment contract (bring an original just in case)
School business certificate
Renewal form
30,000 won

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:17:32 pm »
Thanks Skippy.

Guess I didn't read it too well.   ;D

It had me confused for a few seconds.

Here is a google doc I made about what is needed for renewal.  This is mainly for hagwon.   It changes at times.  I need to up some stuff like the residence form.

Re-Signing Renewing with Same Hagwon

Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

• philby1985
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2013, 09:10:49 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 07:47:57 pm »

ARC
Passport
Your new employment contract (bring an original just in case)
School business certificate
Renewal form
30,000 won

It's now 60000 won

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 04:10:52 am »
I moved apartments, same building same floor but didn't know I had to go to immi within 14 days and it has been two months now and thought I would just do it when I renewed in August, what is my best course of action and what are the consequences for not doing it?

• philby1985
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2013, 09:10:49 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 09:56:50 am »
I moved apartments, same building same floor but didn't know I had to go to immi within 14 days and it has been two months now and thought I would just do it when I renewed in August, what is my best course of action and what are the consequences for not doing it?

Unless you can get your landlord to dodgy up a new contract for you (with a different moving date) you will be up for a 200,000 won fine (2 months) or a 300,000 won fine (3 months). You might get lucky and be able to plead ignorance.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 11:12:45 am »

Unless you can get your landlord to dodgy up a new contract for you (with a different moving date) you will be up for a 200,000 won fine (2 months) or a 300,000 won fine (3 months). You might get lucky and be able to plead ignorance.

Thanks for the info.

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »
What if you live in another persons home such as a Korean friend/sig. other?

In my case I live with my boyfriend in his family's home. How would it work in this case? I will have to renew my visa this summer.

It is the address on my ARC.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:39:00 pm by rococobean »

• country09
  • Expert Waygook

• January 05, 2011, 10:04:21 am
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 08:17:24 am »

Thanks for the info.

I changed my housing a couple years ago and I forgot to update it with immigration. It was wrong for over a year and I did not get fined. I was unaware of the need to register with immigration and told them that. He didn't seem too bothered. Not recommending waiting but I think you will be fine if you just let them know it was an honest mistake.

That also seems like a hefty fine. I am not saying it is incorrect but that really sucks if you would have to pay that.

• mikeD
  • Super Waygook

• March 31, 2013, 07:46:49 pm
    • Geoje, South Korea
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:47 am »
When renewing my ARC, does it matter if my passport has less than a year before it expires? I will be renewing my contract and ARC for April 1st, but my passport expires on December 31st 2014. Does this make a difference? Can I renew my passport after I renew my ARC?

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 12:03:48 pm »
When renewing my ARC, does it matter if my passport has less than a year before it expires? I will be renewing my contract and ARC for April 1st, but my passport expires on December 31st 2014. Does this make a difference? Can I renew my passport after I renew my ARC?

I seriously doubt this will be an issue. It is no problem to renew your passport after renewing your ARC since they no longer put a sticker into your passport. When you get your new passport, just notify them of the new number (assuming you get a new number, SA passports do, not sure about other countries though.)

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 12:09:24 pm »
Thanks, here's the link

Red tape!!!

Ok, so it is all in Korean, who fills it in?

It needs the schools name and stamp, I think the principal has to do it.