Read 1080 times

• smithdoi
  • Adventurer

• October 01, 2010, 10:33:22 am
    • Yong-in, South Korea
I have a 6 month contract with a hagwon.  Boss doesn't follow vacation or insurance clauses and denies responsibility for pension and insurance which the labor board says he is responsible for.  My contract ends February 28th and he is responsible for buying my return ticket. Initially, he said 'no ticket' until I showed him the contract (which he says he's lost, so he doesn't have a copy).  Now, he says people in my apartment building are complaining and if they complain one more time he'll fire me.  I'm pretty sure that's not legal.  1) Does he still have to give me 30 days notice before termination, even though it's a 6 month contract?  2) Any ideas how I can force him to buy a ticket SOON, since I'm expecting him to weasel out of it. 3) How soon after I file a complaint will he know about it?  I think I should file a complaint about contract issues, but don't want to create a hostile workplace if I can avoid it. Though, honestly, I'm feeling more hostile every day.

Re: Hagwon 6 month contract, school trying to terminate 3 weeks early.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:12:37 am »
Firstly who are the other people (your neighbors) complaining about? That sounds a little strange to me, and maybe just a made up excuse.
It does sound like he's going to weasel out of paying things if he can, so you should file a complaint soon.

Re: Hagwon 6 month contract, school trying to terminate 3 weeks early.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:24 pm »
File complaint NOW!!!! and get this sorted. It's gonna be even harder for him to explain if he fires you after filing a complaint.
If you only got three weeks remaining you should be running to the Labor board
"Keep 'em comin', sweets, I got a long drive. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?"

Ernie McCracken