Read 1976 times

• Ramsberry
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2011, 08:29:25 am
    • Gasan, South Korea
Humidifiers
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »
Hey,
I have been in Korea for about a month. I have started getting sick (due to the dust etc.) and the doctor told me to buy a humidifier. I have no experience with humidifiers. What kind of humidifier is a good one to buy? I did a quick web search and there are a few different types.
Also, do humidifiers make a huge difference?

THANKS!

• conorsean
  • Super Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 07:50:43 am
    • Who are you? The cops?
Re: Humidifiers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:42:09 pm »
They're a life saver. you can get a decent one for about 5 greens at any e-mart. Seriously helps with my throat in the morning.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

• Burndog
  • Super Waygook

• July 16, 2010, 11:49:17 am
    • Suwon
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 05:44:21 pm »
Homeplus sell them too.  Anything for about 40-50k should be worth its weight in moisture.  They definitely help with the dry throat horrors!

• ame
  • Super Waygook

• December 02, 2010, 02:58:32 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:46:41 pm »
In about two months it will be more humid than you can imagine.

Humidifiers are good for winter, as the air can get quite dry.  This can exacerbate breathing problems and other sensitivities.  In my school we have a humidifier running in the staff room because we have hot air blowing from the a/c for heating, so the air is really dry, and it does make a difference.  I have found that because I hang laundry inside during winter the apartment is not too dry, and in fact on some days (in winter) I run the a/c on cooling mode to dehumidify the air.

If you can wait a couple of months you won't need a humidifier.  In fact, you'll need to put those little tubs of dehumidifying powder into your cupboards and drawers to stop mould growing.

• conorsean
  • Super Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 07:50:43 am
    • Who are you? The cops?
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »
If you can wait a couple of months you won't need a humidifier.  In fact, you'll need to put those little tubs of dehumidifying powder into your cupboards and drawers to stop mould growing.

Now even though you don't specify, I'll bet a million won you're a woman  ;D
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »
get one in Yongsan...you can get the same model you want cheaper than E-mart/Hi mart etc.

• andyfoggy
  • Super Waygook

• December 07, 2010, 12:11:55 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 07:41:33 pm »
get one now , your apartment will still be too dry for quite a while
we bought a hygrometer the other day and were amazed at how dry our apartment was :o
we keep the humidifiers (2) going all the time now, and we feel a lot better for it!!
anyway you will need it again in end September anyway!!
the money you save from going to the doctor with allergies/sore throats etc will pay for the thing quickly enough ;D