Read 712 times

• BTeacher
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2012, 07:21:01 am
Best online TOEFL Teaching Course?
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:03:53 pm »
Title pretty much says it.

I'm looking for a quality / respected / recognized online TOEFL course that will prepare me for teaching high-level students professionally.

Has anyone done one that they'd recommend, or know which ones to avoid?

More concerned about the actual content/usefulness of the course material than the prestige of the certificate at the end.

Thanks in advance. 

• Freesia
  • Veteran

• July 31, 2013, 11:29:19 am
    • Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu / Giheung-gu, Yongin
    more
Re: Best online TOEFL Teaching Course?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:28:16 pm »
Thank you for posting the question. I never knew that such course existed.

As a side note, I have taught TOEFL and TEPS to high school students before, and (as I did not know about the teaching courses,) I just prepared myself with prep books, on-line sample tests, and researches on those exams. I taught each student for about month, and all of the students could get a desired score. However, I do think that the teaching courses might be helpful if you want to be professional in this area. As you may already know, most teachers for the standardized English exams in Korea take the exams themselves. I do not know if they get support from their work to do this, but many of them take the exams as often as they can. I only took each exam 1-2 times, and it was okay for me to provide the patterns, but many professional TOEFL teachers want to be up-to-date, and provide questions that are likely to appear on each test.
“Without claiming to be exhaustive, I maintain that every philosophy reproduces within itself, in one way or another, the conflict in which it finds itself compromised and caught up in the outside world.”

― Louis Althusser, Philosophy of the Encounter: Later Writings, 1978-1987

• BTeacher
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2012, 07:21:01 am
Re: Best online TOEFL Teaching Course?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:52 am »
Anyone?