Read 1174 times

When is it camp and when is it not?
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:36:01 am »
Just wondering what the guidelines were for referring to classes during vacation time as camp or just "extra classes". Next week I'll have five days of "extra classes" (15 classes total). I was told it is not camp and that there is no budget for materials, worksheets and such.

So I guess I'm wondering if it is camp and no one wants to fund it, or if camp is a special designation aside from extra classes that might be scheduled during vacation.

Re: When is it camp and when is it not?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 11:44:51 am »
It's legal judo. Don't need a budget if its not a camp.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:47:54 am »
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

• btpham13
  • Expert Waygook

• February 28, 2011, 11:02:04 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:54:04 am »
I dunno.  I had English "camp" without a budget, and then I had English "classes" also without a budget the following week.  I had different students for camp and classes, so I just used the same material for both. 

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:32:27 pm »
over summer vacation, i had to teach two hours of English conversation class per day to my usual group of middle school after school/conversation class students. when i asked my MS co-teacher if this was 'camp', he said, "no, not camp, conversation class." so i just taught bog-standard regular lessons.

this vacation period i'm teaching a MS camp, and my co-teacher drew up the schedule. it's got stuff on it like Golden Bell quizzes, cooking activities, drawing activities etc.

so i'd say the difference is that 'extra classes' would be regular classes but just taught during vacation period, and 'camp' is something a bit different besides the usual activities most people usually do during regular classes.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:15:50 pm »
At a stretch, you could argue that making the students complete your tax forms for you could be an advanced business English class...