Read 779 times

CBC problems
« on: December 30, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »
So I came to Korea in August with an apostilled FBI background check and an apostilled diploma. My director never turned them in and I have them with me. I'm on an F-4 Visa and my documents expire at the end of January.

Now I heard that the FBI CBC is only valid for 6 months but my recruiter keeps telling me that since I haven't left Korea, I can use them and don't have to get a new one as long as I don't leave for the US again.

Can anyone validate this? Is there anyway I can turn them in somewhere so that they don't expire. I would really hate to get new documents.

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
Re: CBC problems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:31:17 am »
If you are on an F4 visa the only time you would ever need a new one would be if you started applying for public school positions like EPIK immigration does not need it some recruiting agencies ask for them

• jaybird
  • Veteran

• April 06, 2011, 10:54:23 am
    • South Korea
Re: CBC problems
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:19:26 am »
You don't need a new set. I've gotten a copy of my CBC from the office of education and used the same set to transfer to another another province and then another school successfully (Chungnam to Gyeonggi and then another school in the same province.)