Read 3893 times

Music-Themed Cranium Game
« on: December 29, 2013, 03:09:26 pm »
I made this for my upcoming English camp. I've attached two .zip files that contain songs and song clips for two of the categories. All you need to do is unzip them and embed them as sound files.

• coolcut58
  • Adventurer

• August 25, 2012, 10:52:24 pm
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
Re: Music-Themed Cranium Game
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:38:06 am »
Thanks for the post.  Btw how did the reading music section go?  How did you teach that?  Were the students able to identify the music sheets without any prompting?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:45:25 pm »
I admittedly haven't tried it yet - will be doing it on Thursday.

I won't even attempt to teach them how to read sheet music, other than point out how we use A to G rather than Do-Re-Mi for note names. I just assume most students can read at least simple music, seeing as how they study it in school (and most seem to study outside of school as well). That said, we'll see how it goes and I'll post their response later this week.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »
Game went well. Most could read the sheet music, but couldn't necessarily name the song, so I gave it to them if they at least hummed the melody. The language category was fairly difficult, but I gave them enough hints to get it. I noticed the buttons on the first page were kind of glitchy, so I fixed them good.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:58:38 am »
Saw the original PPT, not sureif my kids can read music, instead doing a 'who's that?' category and using pictures. Other people suggested (because I was at a loss when I started this list) include Eminem, One Direction, Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus.

I feel Mick Jagger should be up there for both cultural enrichment reasons (so many) and because this nation deserves to know they're being encouraged to move like a spastic old man that's the second-ugliest face in Rock. He's a musician, not a model, and with good reasons for both. Might even indulge my students with a clip of him dancing.
Also, MJ is the poster child for plastic surgery gone horribly wrong over time. Another worthy cautionary tale.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:48:10 am »
Here's the PPT with my suggested changes made

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:00:25 am »

Guessing I'll have to embed the music files again?  None of them want to play on PP2007.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 03:01:06 pm »

Guessing I'll have to embed the music files again?  None of them want to play on PP2007.
Yea, just like those buttons I had to fix I find that embedding audio or video between different PPTs can be glitchy sometimes. What I ended up doing for a class was just connecting my ipod to the class speakers and playing the files that way.