Read 2647 times

• Redondo
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2012, 05:28:11 am
    • toronto
Renewal/Transfer school
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:58:50 pm »
I'm at a rural school, and I kind of got forced out. I wanted to get the reason for it, but it's still not really clear to me. My co-teacher, VP, and principal all like me. It's possible that they decided to get rid of me, but really really unlikely.

I was told by my POE EPIK co-ordinator that my renewal score is too low to stay at my school but I was given the option to transfer. my evaluation score was over 80, so I'm not sure why I wasn't allowed to stay.

I'm thinking probably my school was already told I was leaving, and the POE person didn't want to backtrack, so she covered up whatever was happening by giving me a simple answer that my evaluation score was low.

I'm not blameless because I asked to be transfered out and made my coworkers know I wanted to change. I chose my own school as the third option on the renewal contract, but it seemed to be taken off the table. I still don't understand why I wasn't given that option. I don't think my school made a specific request to kick me out.

II mean I'm not devastated at having to change region, but I'm pretty comfortable here, and I feel stabbed in the back about not keeping my job.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Renewal/Transfer school
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:22 pm »
Perhaps try discussing it with your co-teacher, vice principal, and principal? That's what I've done in the past.

• TeaTime
  • Explorer

• November 27, 2013, 04:02:32 pm
    • korea
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »
Seems like you just answered your own question and your post is nothing more than a long-winded regret.

• Redondo
  • Expert Waygook

• toronto
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:08:34 am »
Re-read the post, because you clearly missed the point. It was worth the try, and I don't regret anything about it.

• Grimne_Lothos
  • Expert Waygook

• December 28, 2011, 12:56:27 pm
    • Buyeo, south korea
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:20:27 pm »
I was told by my POE EPIK co-ordinator that my renewal score is too low to stay at my school but I was given the option to transfer

You weren't given the option to transfer or else you would have been.....transferre d.   Do you mean that you were given the option to transfer because the form you had to sign had the option to transfer?   That's a form letter, your form would have had that option no matter what your score.

Not being able to renew doesn't say great things about your chances of landing a public school job in another province.   I would prepare myself for a hagwon job.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:22:19 pm by Grimne_Lothos »

• Redondo
  • Expert Waygook

• toronto
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:27:47 pm »
No not based on the form. The MOE coordinator recieved my evaluation results and reccomended me to another school.

• jamasian
  • Super Waygook

• December 05, 2011, 03:02:00 pm
    • Suncheon, S. Korea
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 09:44:08 am »
..... My co-teacher, VP, and principal all like me. .....

I'm not blameless because I asked to be transfered out and made my coworkers know I wanted to change.....

We think you're confused because you can't feel stabbed if you made it clear that you wanted to change...

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:31:43 pm »
I hope I don't go through this problem as you did and I am sorry about your situation.

All I have to do is brace myself for anything.

• leonardlee
  • Adventurer

• June 10, 2013, 09:43:03 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 03:34:00 pm »
Quick question, do we get another settlement check when we re-sign with the school? Thanks

• Redondo
  • Expert Waygook

• toronto
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »
..... My co-teacher, VP, and principal all like me. .....

I'm not blameless because I asked to be transfered out and made my coworkers know I wanted to change.....

We think you're confused because you can't feel stabbed if you made it clear that you wanted to change...

How about being lied to?

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »
Quick question, do we get another settlement check when we re-sign with the school? Thanks

if it's with the exact same school, then no. if you renew your contract but transfer schools, then yes.