Read 1286 times

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul
India and the USA going at it diplomatically
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:12:08 pm »
The relationship between India and the USA is becoming strained.

In my opinion, this all started when the USA media types became upset with certain "things" going on in India that didn't jive with their ultra-liberal theology of how the world should be.  Pretty soon, it was "make India look evil" time, with the India rape problem being splashed all over US headlines, followed by the illegal gay sex thing in India.... and I have a feeling the arrest of the Indian diplomat is a reprisal by some liberal for the gay sex issue.  No way of proving it, but that's my guess.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/punish-us-diplomats-with-same-sex-companions-yashwant-sinha/article1-1163591.aspx

Now it's more tit-for-tat.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:13:54 pm by GoCyclones »

• VizionMC
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2011, 12:21:52 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
Re: India and the USA going at it diplomatically
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »
That's a silly take on it.  That one of us NY liberals would arrest a diplomat for faking docs for an illegal housemaid, due to being in any way upset over India's stance on same sex partnerships.  That's an incorrect reach. 

That's just the sort of stuff you can easily find when anyone is allowed to type their inane thoughts on chat boards merely to rile others up. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:22:55 pm by VizionMC »

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »
Actually, I have a feeling that the USA simply looked the other way when foreign diplomats did this sort of thing... that is, until throwing the woman in jail for it could be used to make a certain point.

Also, India is posed to elect what many consider to be a very anti-Muslim leader.  I'm sure that doesn't sit well with some.  It is proving to be a very uncomfortable situation for the Obama administration.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/donaldkirk/2013/09/16/u-s-needs-to-make-up-with-indias-brash-loud-and-possible-next-leader/

As an American, it seems like there is a very real attempt to damage our relationship with India, for whatever reason that is.  The American press machine is very much in bed with Obama's camp -- literally --, and I smell something afoot.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/w/White-House-Media-Relations-052013.htm#.UrFdEvQW2uE

And a list of even more Obama people married to people in top press positions at different US media outlets continues on the 2nd page of this article:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-06-12/lifestyle/39925193_1_cbs-news-benghazi-news-media
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:38:39 pm by GoCyclones »

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »
I have a brilliant idea.  How about a law passed making it illegal for a sibling, parent, or spouse to work as a white house aide or congressional staffer while the other works for the media either as an executive or in some other capacity?  This will get rid of biased media coverage.  Media should give a hard time to Presidents of either party. 

• VizionMC
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2011, 12:21:52 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »
I have a brilliant idea.  How about a law passed making it illegal for a sibling, parent, or spouse to work as a white house aide or congressional staffer while the other works for the media either as an executive or in some other capacity?  This will get rid of biased media coverage.  Media should give a hard time to Presidents of either party.

If you follow American media, you know they do!  Both party bases can find comfort in different print publications, as well as tv and radio networks.