Read 3901 times

Green Turtle- New Location and Michel's New Store
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:54:43 am »
Just a quick FYI for anyone out there. I found on another site http://talkinboutstuffseoul.tumblr.com/post/55172757824/michelthat Green Turtle has moved (Basement of What the Book)...but the more important thing (at least imo) is that Michel has his own store now.

Just wanted to share because I like to stick with a hairdresser if I'm happy with them.

From the blog:
Really shitty directions for those already familiar with the Itaewon area: It’s on the Noksapyong end of the main Itaewon street and up the hill that houses Berlin and Tony’s and the big Buddha’s Belly. It’s directly on top of a cafe called Botton, and stairs leading up to the salon are to the right of the cafe. There isn’t any signage yet other than a standing chalkboard that says “Salon de Michel" on the landing at the top of the stairs.
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Re: Green Turtle- New Location and Michel's New Store
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:57:13 pm »
Thanks! I actually tried to find this place on Tuesday. I walked up and down the street three or four times and ended up going to Jay's Hairdressing (BTW he is fantastic).

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:53 pm »
Yea I was there last week and had to walk a couple of his clients to get to his new place.

If you are standing in front of the KEB bank turn to your left and start walking across a  small street and up the hill.  On your right you will pass  a soup & coffee shop and an antique shop with old underwater diving helmets outside.  Once you get to the top of the hill you will curve to the right.  He is in a white painted building with steps leading up to it and windows on both sides. 

His prices have remained the same and he had gone back to using Wella colors. 

• paola28
  • Waygookin

• September 26, 2013, 09:39:31 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 11:34:55 pm »
Is he really good? I really need a trim and i was going to go to another place but i think Itaewon might be a safer bet. I don't want any thinning of my hair just a really good trim on my layers. Anyone have anything to say about him and his prices??? Thank you.

• Gyroid
  • Adventurer

• August 21, 2011, 04:28:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 08:12:13 am »
Is he really good? I really need a trim and i was going to go to another place but i think Itaewon might be a safer bet. I don't want any thinning of my hair just a really good trim on my layers. Anyone have anything to say about him and his prices??? Thank you.

Yeah I have been there many times for just a trim. He does good work.
If you want just a trim and a quick shampoo, he can do that.
If you want to go all out and color and change your hair, he can do that.

I don't remember exactly what my last cut was, but it was about 25-30 for a cut and shampoo.
It is good to call him before coming in to make sure he has time available, I remember last weekend he was booked solid.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 09:28:35 am »
Went Saturday and he was good as always.

A girl came in for a hair cut that had not been in before and I thought she was explaining what she wanted poorly.  She was trying to get her previous haircut fixed.   But after discussion she walked away happy and pretty and not a mullet in sight! 

25,000 wash, cut, and style
85,000 full highlites and style