Read 61893 times

Re: Welcome, new members.
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2017, 11:03:22 pm »
Hi everyone! (I hope I am posting this introduction in the right spot, still trying to find my way around this site).

I am moving to Busan in a month! I am so excited. I will be in the haeundae district. I will be teaching at a hagwon called Francis Parker collegiate. Has anyone heard anything about this private school? I talked with a current teacher at the school and he said good things about the school. Also, has anyone used the recruiter English Work? That's the recruiter I am using and I have just been told by a different recruiting agency (one that I turned down) , that I shouldn't work with a recruiter that's based in South Korea because they  won't help you when you're in trouble in South Korea because the don't want to risk "losing face." I've looked at the reviews on line and it was all positive but the other recruiter said those were obvislouly fake because they are too positive ( I honestly think they could be real). Anyways, I am kinda worried now and any advice, opinions, help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for you time!

Mary :)

« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2017, 08:20:50 am »
Congrats on the job! Busan is amazing :)

Did this other recruiter tell you all these things about English Work after you turned them down? They could just be trying to change your mind about turning them down. And even if they told you all this stuff before you turned them down, they're probably just trying to get your business. I personally am not a fan of recruiters. I find that they're not so interested in your best interests. It is possible that them being placed in Korea could cause issues if you are in trouble. But even if they were in a different country there is no guarantee that they would help you. I would focus more on the review of the school itself, which seems to be good according to the current teacher. That's what is really important.

Hi everyone! (I hope I am posting this introduction in the right spot, still trying to find my way around this site).

I am moving to Busan in a month! I am so excited. I will be in the haeundae district. I will be teaching at a hagwon called Francis Parker collegiate. Has anyone heard anything about this private school? I talked with a current teacher at the school and he said good things about the school. Also, has anyone used the recruiter English Work? That's the recruiter I am using and I have just been told by a different recruiting agency (one that I turned down) , that I shouldn't work with a recruiter that's based in South Korea because they  won't help you when you're in trouble in South Korea because the don't want to risk "losing face." I've looked at the reviews on line and it was all positive but the other recruiter said those were obvislouly fake because they are too positive ( I honestly think they could be real). Anyways, I am kinda worried now and any advice, opinions, help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for you time!

Mary :)

« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2017, 12:12:14 pm »
Hi all,
Just thought I'd say G'day. I'm hoping to start teaching in Korea early next year (2018) through the EPIK program and found this amazing site. Hopefully I can add to it once I get my classes organised.
Thanks and bye!
Pat.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2017, 01:18:25 pm »
Hi all,
Just thought I'd say G'day. I'm hoping to start teaching in Korea early next year (2018) through the EPIK program and found this amazing site. Hopefully I can add to it once I get my classes organised.
Thanks and bye!
Pat.

Interesting time to arrive. Best have your credit card handy

« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:07 am »
I think this site is awesome. help all the english teachers in Korea. we appreciate! :-*

« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2017, 07:08:17 pm »
i just need to contact a moderator about not been able to subscribe to waygooks. Can someone tell me how to contact someone who can help e subscribe

« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2017, 08:10:55 am »
How long after you post 5 messages does it take for you to be able to download things?

• Shreya_pandey
  • Waygookin

• December 29, 2017, 07:14:13 pm
    • USA
    more
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2017, 07:56:10 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am Shreya. I'm a fun loving health and trend freak who loves interacting with people. I have been a constant contributor to a few forums and really looking forward to this one. I would really like to discuss and interact with you all and to all of your queries and topics. I followed waygook before joining a bit..and found it very interesting. I thought of joining it because of the conversations on this page. Besides, I will also get to learn much about South Korea which is very good. I would love to visit that country in sometimes very near future as well. Looking forward to having an amazing time here.
A home cook & food entrepreneur. Likes to experiment with food over health and nutrition concerns. Health Freak. Love to interact with people about everything. Open to all the new technologies, trends and lifestyle hacks going around the world.

• haomi11
  • Explorer

• April 18, 2018, 06:59:24 pm
    • Ulsan
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2018, 07:15:41 pm »
Thank you for letting me use this site. I am English teacher in Korea. I hope I can help you either.

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2018, 07:41:11 pm »
Hello!! My name is Alex, I'm from the UK and have just accepted my job to teach with EPIK fall intake 2018!!! I am so so so so so so so excited!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2018, 02:24:49 pm »
^
Congrats Alex and the other newly starting teachers,  hope you will have a great time!

Just to say hi, I'm Sander and worked a few years in Korea on an F4 after finishing degrees at Yonsei and Leiden.
Currently back home and got fully accredited and working at a great gymnasium (Grammar school), but strangely feeling "homesick" sometimes lol.

Perhaps my story shows you that teaching in Korea can lead to a career in teaching back home as well! My first employers were really excited about my teaching experience. But it turned out quickly that European educational methodology is miles ahead of the Korean 'listen and repeat' approach.  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:26:38 pm by SanderB »
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

• DavidHuber
  • Adventurer

• August 23, 2012, 11:00:28 am
    • Munsan, Paju-shi
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2018, 04:27:01 pm »
Hello Evveryone.  I used this site for years, but left teaching only to recently return to it.  How does one reactivate downloading?

• ColPlaska
  • Newgookin

• August 28, 2018, 12:04:07 pm
    • Naju South Korea
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2018, 12:17:06 pm »
Hi all - I lived in Korea 2010-2012 and I've returned to Korea, with my family this time. We are based in Naju, Jeolla province. I knew I was heading rural and chose this but I was a tad caught off guard with the bus differences, lack of bicycle rentals, trash cans and a large expat community in comparison to Masan in Gyeongsangnam-do province. Otherwise we are adjusting nicely! Glad to be back on this site as I'm defo in need of Middle School lesson inspiration. 

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Tampa, FL
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2018, 07:59:05 am »
Hello Evveryone.  I used this site for years, but left teaching only to recently return to it.  How does one reactivate downloading?

Waygook uses a subscription service now. You'll have to pay a fee if you want to actually download materials from the lesson sections
The World Ends With You

« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2018, 11:54:10 am »

Go to the new site: http://Spam.jcink.net/index.php
This one is free.
If the link doesn't work you can always search for Spam and find it...
Maybe you can check out this forum? Or is this flagged too..
https://www.reddit.com/r/teachinginkorea/comments/6z6vic/waygookorg_implements_paid_subscriptions_for/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:13:48 am by ZingoTeaches »

« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2018, 01:47:52 pm »
Thank you so much for making the time and effort to make this site. this site will be a lifesaver for me.

• sriluuppari
  • Newgookin

• July 30, 2019, 09:32:41 pm
    • 9951 Andreson mill Rd, Austin, TX 78750
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2019, 10:26:59 pm »
Hello all I'm new to this forum

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2020, 01:46:36 am »
Hello , my name is Martin
i m a teacher in france

nice to meet you ans participate to this woonderfull forum

• studyabroadlife
  • Newgookin

• November 09, 2020, 04:45:11 pm
    • Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
    more
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2020, 05:16:06 pm »
Hello guys, I'm new here from India. Glad to be here. This is a great forum.  A lot of stuff here to learn. So, we are the Best Study Abroad Consultants in Nagpur where we provide IELTS coaching for those students who want to study in other countries. We will help you in availing of the best possible global academic opportunities in various countries like Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, and the USA. We help students right from entrance exam coaching like GRE /TOEFL /GMAT /IELTS/ PTE, SOP, profile building, university applications, visa, getting a job in abroad countries. Looking forward to this group

• ryanckulp
  • Newgookin

• November 26, 2020, 03:01:39 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2020, 03:11:11 pm »
hi folks, i'm Ryan from New York City. i moved to Korea ~7 months ago in April 2020 and have been enjoying studying the language + making friends. my entire career has been in technology / startups, but recently i quit all that to focus on Korean.