Read 1809 times

Fingerprint recognition on all doors at elementary school
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:30 pm »
Hi,

I've just had both my index fingerprints taken because apparently on 2nd March when the kids come back we'll have to scan them to get access to the school.  All 4 main doors have the scanners on.  My school is in a small town and I haven't heard of any security problems here.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced new security measures recently? 

ta.

• sbelleball
  • Adventurer

• February 18, 2011, 09:08:37 am
    • South Korea
Re: Fingerprint recognition on all doors at elementary school
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »
The Dept of Education's goal by the end of this year is to have a guard at every "high-risk" elementary school in Gyeonggi Province.  I guess there is a serious problem with adjishis and molestation... Especially in what Korea calls the "poorer" areas. 

So, for instance, my school now has gates up all around it (even when you enter you go through a gate), a guard all day long, 16 cameras and a card/id system to scan in order to get in to the school.  There are definitely some pros and cons to this new change..  But hopefully it lessens the amount that children are in danger, though, I don't see them being out of harms way the second they step foot off of school grounds...

• displayname
  • Adventurer

• September 28, 2010, 03:01:18 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:40:23 pm »
we now have cctv, security guys, and facial recognition 

• rhafrika
  • Veteran

• September 09, 2010, 07:53:49 am
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »
My school also has the fingerprint/card swipe system and the gates (except one) are locked during the day.

• GEK
  • Veteran

• January 20, 2011, 09:29:56 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:00 am »
sounds good

• adamwatch
  • Super Waygook

• February 03, 2010, 10:47:27 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:47:32 am »
Security in schools is long overdue in Korea. So many schools here anyone can just wander in. However the bigger danger are the roads here which make Korea a really dangerous country to live in for everybody.

Adam

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 08:46:23 am »
UPDATE:

Schools been open a month, and I haven't needed to use the new security measures so far!  We still have a howling gale through the whole school bc all the outside doors are open.  We are making good use of the security cameras it seems (6 of the car park, one of the front door, one scanning the whole yard!) and the security guy has a portacabin, which is nice bc some days it is very cold :-)